I'm trying to make a room based dungeon crawler, and I can't figure out how to do it right

Just wondering if I could get some help. First thing I need is to make a room based camera like in the original Legend of Zelda, and I have know idea what to do for this.

1 Like

You can look at the Camera Logic from “Not worth Dying 4”: Flowlab Game Creator - Not Worth Dying 4
NotWorth-Opti

Or you can use the Independent Camera from the Exploring Flowlab Tutorial:

You basically need to update the camera object X and Y whenever the player arrives in a new room.

2 Likes

that could work with some adjustment, but I need to figure out how to make it detect when I enter a room. It also has to be compatible with the game because it is randomly generated.

I believe I actually made something like what you’re requesting in my wip game.

Feel free to steal it if you want.

On “Not worth dying 4”, the camera locks into the center of the room (the first two rooms are part of the tutorial, so the camera doesn’t lock) - the rooms are also randomly generated.

yeah trying to open the editor on Not Worth Dying 4 will crash my computer :confused:

thx!

Next, I’ll need to make a random level generator, so I’ll need to make a level generator with room presets. I’ll probably need help.

I know there is a game with random tile generation but I couldn’t find the link

Here is a game I made with custom world generation, https://flowlab.io/game/play/1318569

Not the greatest, but it could help.

Edit: Just realized that you needed help with room generations, so this might not help at all.

2 Likes

nvm, i got it.