In The Dark: Karma's Prisoner (Metroidvania Devlog)

when are you bringing back the box

1 Like

The box is in a secret imprisonment and will be a secret boss due to being a creature that needs to find a host (such as a human) and will slowly take over the host by making it want it’s amazing abilities such as going through walls and defending against even the most powerful enemies.

3 Likes

Devlog #1

2/26/24 - - - 5:54 PM EST

Nothing happened much as of right now. I made a dashing ability that can break glass I guess. That’s all for today.
Recording_1708987527525
(ew why is the gif widescreen, sorry abt that)

Bugs

• Weird thing where you can’t jump until you fall off somewhere and land on the ground again (can’t find reason for this bug to exist)
  • Spam Dashing (easy to fix)

Overall, not much happening as I said.

2 Likes

i love the box!!!

2 Likes

New Bug Found

(2, 27, 24 - - - 1:30 PM EST)

• Dash Ability won’t work at random moments. (Seems to be a thing with the cooldown.)

Past Bugs

• Weird thing where you can’t jump unless you fall and land on the ground again. (Apparently this happens when you jump and you land and slide right onto a platform rather than landing normally.)
3 Likes

Meanwhile me who remebers lucas
(A playtime world remake should be released first)

1 Like

@DeadlyGumChewer what if at the end of the game the protagonist is revealed to be the smile masked killer from playtime world?

1 Like

Wait is that the orgin for the shadow tophat man from chapter 2?

1 Like

You got it, cool.
(His name is the Smiling Major by the way.)

No because Alos is a future version of Lucas. And this game is technically a prequel since Major (Shadow Version) really doesn’t exist yet until you help him which is optional.

1 Like

What so the main character is a future version of lucas, but the game is a prequel?

1 Like

The main character is unknown but is an employee of Playtime World which accidentally entered Karma’s Prison because of a mistake some Angels made because they thought he was helping with the murders and other crimes within Playtime World… The Masked Killer is a future version of Lucas, look back to the ItD:PTW topic and read all the lore related posts.

1 Like

■■■■ thats a sick twist

1 Like

It was mentioned before due to the Save teddy bear thing, I still remember so much lore of ITD:PTW.

1 Like

I would hope so, as you’re the creator lol

2 Likes

Yeah but I look back at the original topic just in case.

Well know knowing that brings new context to the early ending, if im correct if you bring a cup of blood to a knife you get an early ending where you here to people talking, if im correct it revealed that one of the people is the killer, with the killer being future lucas that brigs new context that the blood.y knife triggered a vision of the future… but what if getting all those secrets endings could be what sends lucas on the path of murder? That would be cool reveal

1 Like

You must also find the 4 (I think?) watching shadows by clicking them.

1 Like

I might have to fix the lore sooner or later because it’s really mixed up, but when Lucas tried saving by hugging the teddy bear it for a strange reason sent him to a future version of his world and he went to look for his adult self, which was sitting on the sidewalk traumatized by the things he’s seen as a child. Child Lucas tells Adult Lucas that he doesn’t want to find Oliver anymore so he tells Adult Lucas how he’s from the past and that Adult Lucas could find the Teddy Bear attempt to go back in time and look for Child Lucas and stop himself so neither of them will be traumatized. 10 Seconds later Child Lucas is sent back to his past save and forgets about what he’s seen in the future.Future Lucas goes to past but goes 5 years before Child Lucas gets the message from the “Dead” Oliver and goes insane and becomes a murderer only to find Child Lucas and remember what he was there for.

It’s complicated really.

1 Like

So its sorta like a time paradox?

2 Likes