Interactions with the leaderboard?

I have a leaderboard at the end of my flowjam game, and I want an npc to comment on your placing, is this doable?

I’m not very familiar with using the leaderboard behaviour, maybe I could match it with the player id to trigger something like that.

5 Likes

Object, Messages, Mailboxes, Leaderboard, and maybe Number and Global. I used number Globals to make the achievements in taile gamougg 3 inside the “achievement example” object (I forgot if that was it’s exact name). You can use that as a reference if similar techniques can be used for the leaderboard behavior.

What would you like it to say?

The Leaderboard behavior allows you to get a list of the name and score

You could then use the Users name + their score to find them

3 Likes

I’d just like to have some sort of comment typed out in response to each place on the leaderboard.

that’s kind of what I was thinking but I don’t really know how to do it, do you have a screenshot of code? don’t worry about it if you’re too busy with flowjam or something

1 Like

it keeps getting a 0, is there something I’m missing?

1 Like

The number behavior labeled “Score” needs to have the same value as your actual score on the leaderboard (So in the screenshot you would need a message/global to set the behavior to 1860)

My Leaderboard format may help here, I have a bundle that outputs the players information including Rank in the Leaderboard.

Flowlab Game Creator - Leaderboard Formats

ps. I did a quick update on the bundles.

2 Likes