Is flowlab using HaxeFlixel?

I was looking at hitbox manipulation and came across FlxSprite for Haxe.

This part caught my attention:

Scale
(FlxPoint) Change the size of your sprite’s graphic. NOTE: The hitbox is not automatically adjusted, use updateHitbox() for that (or setGraphicSize()).

`// twice as big
whiteSquare.scale.set(2, 2);

// 50%
whiteSquare.scale.set(0.5, 0.5);`

More here: http://haxeflixel.com/documentation/flxsprite/

I was curious what type of Haxe flowlab uses, if it were relevant for changing hitbox size.
@grazer

If you find a solution, please do let me know, it would be very helpful to do something like this.

Flowlab uses Box2D as physics engine and is made with Haxe. That’s everything I know.

Not using HaxeFlixel, but @Latif3 is right about Haxe & Box2d.

Figured I’d ask since it mentioned hitbox resizing.

By the way, I see you don’t really understand everything since you don’t program.

I’m not the best at explaining but at least I tried:

Haxe is a programming language. Just like javascript, c++, c# etc.
Box2D is a library. A library is something you can include to your project and you can use it in your code. In flowlab you can compare it with behavior bundles. When you want to make a platformer you don’t have to make the character controls. You can simply add the “Run&Jump” bundle instead of coding it yourself. It’s something like that.
HaxeFlixel is a game engine. A software application with scene and script editor. A game engine has its own framework (a collection of libraries for many things like physics, graphics, sound etc.) for an easier way to make games. A game engine can support several programming languages (HaxeFlixel only supports Haxe). If you already know the language you still have to know how the framework works. Like how do you make gravity or how to play a sound. Unity, Unreal and Godot are other examples of game engines.

The code you shared in the topic wouldn’t work for grazer because it is part of the HaxeFlixel framework.

@grazer Just wondering, how is flowlab actually made? On what application do you write your code? Is it a secret?

No secret - there’s no fundamental framework or anything that Flowlab is based on. It initially used a custom physics engine, but I replaced it with Box2D at some point.

Flowlab is quite a bit older than HaxeFlixel, so it’s possible that it would have made sense to use it if it had existed back then.