Is it ok to make this specific joke?

I want to make a joke where a character says that they play Genshin Impact, and the person they’re talking to says something like “Hello, police?”. Is this okay for Flowlab?

Sadge - I think genshin is a pretty okay game…

1 Like

I think so too. However, memes joke about Genshin players having thing for certain characters. I am trying to make a joke but I don’t know if it’s ok.

I mean I think it’s a rule of thumb that unless everyone gets that it’s a joke you shouldn’t say anything that would be offensive to people.
Memes/Jokes about “if you like this then you must be a bad person” in general probably shouldn’t be said at all, it’s like how some people say “if you watch anime you must be a pervert”, that’s just plain wrong, not just on Flowlab but just anywhere in general.

1 Like

That’s not what I meant. I mean that some memes make fun of Genshin Impact players for allegedly being attracted to a certain age group, and I want to make fun of those memes.

Well then by saying “I play genshin” into “you’re a pedo” you aren’t making fun of that meme, you just enforce the prejudice that all genshin players are pedos.
For example, Bo Burnham, a comedian, says a bunch of stuff that is just completely wrong, BUT the audience KNOWS that he’s joking because he’s 1) a comedian 2) he has the reputation, he’s able to say these awful things because everyone knows he doesn’t actually believe and that everything he says is part of an act, to entertain people.
There needs to be a “joke” part in a joke because if you just say that it won’t be funny.
And this is just a general rule in the world, on Flowlab you probably shouldn’t say anything like that.

My point is, that just isn’t “funny”, nor can it just be played off as “just a joke”, my final opinion is just don’t do it.

1 Like

okay

Doing that should be ok, just don’t include heavily copyrighted materials.

1 Like

This conversation ended a month ago and it was about text which cannot be copyrighted unless it is trademarked.

1 Like