Just One Life updates and development

i finished my game

3 Likes

so i added walls to the 1st and 2nd level so if you jump over the flag you dont die

3rd level the flag was off screen so i didnt need to put a wall anywhere
4th level was a dropper so yeah
5th level was the end of the demo so i didnt need to put a wall anywhere

2 Likes

also i made a wall jump without even realizing it

1 Like

another thing

at the last level if you keep jumping on the wall you will ascend, and then fall down

i added myself to the last level
im at the bunker

also real quick can somebody tell me how to make having 1 life into an interesting gimmick

I don’t know about making a gimmick, but could you make it so you don’t restart at level one when you die? This mechanic makes the game more tedious than it has to be.

1 Like

It says one life so when you die you start at level one

1 Like

You could make it so you rebirth kinda like Dead Cells.

1 Like

I was going to do something like every 10 levels or something, there is like a thing that if you were to die then you would just go back to that thing instead of just restarting

also if i were to do this what should the thing be?

I changed the 4th level to be… well, an actual level and not a lazy attempt at a dropper level… oh yeah i also made a new victory animation so thats pretty cool :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok so i never really bothered to tell anyone this but after like 6 months, i got something to say.

The last time i went in flowlab, i went to the game and went to edit, and i go to the players behaviors, and there Isnt anything there, and because i didnt wanna do every single behavior again i just abandoned it.

And now, im at week 7 in high school, i just randomly decide to check my game on flowlab, and out of nowhere, Everything is Back. But nothing was set, so im working on that now.

the thing that confuses me is why this happned, and why it was only for the player character, i checked everything elses behaviors, and they were all fine, so thats confusing.

I dont know if it was some bug or something, but, again, im working on fixing it.

2 Likes

Phew! I’m glad they didn’t disappear forever.

It might be an editor bug, maybe you should report it.