Leaderboard System - JR 01

For the past 2 week, I’ve been looking at making a leaderboard system with Cloud data. There has been a few other examples like from @Johnny_boy and @grazer, but I wanted to have more flexibility, organization, and simplicity.

I have 2 Leaderboard ideas in my example: User ID and Arcade. There are still a few things I want to add and some things I need to test with more users, so check it out if your interested.

Leaderboards:
Flowlab Game Creator - Leaderboards

User ID

ID Leaderboard uses your Flowlab ID and adds your ID and Score to an unlimited list. The List is sent to another bundle to be sorted. The “Top Scores” send the top 10 in the leaderboard (or the number inputted into “top”). And the “Your Rank Area” outputs the 10 scores around your rank (for example it will show ranks 40 - 50 if your rank is 45), this bundles still needs work but I dont have enough users to test it. This Leaderboard works by NAMES and IDs. If the NAME is already in the leaderboard, then it will check the score before replacing that score in the leaderboard. Also the ID leaderboard will not work if you are not signed into Flowlab.

Arcade

Arcade Leaderboard just saves the top 10 (or what was set in “top”) scores and deletes the rest. This Leaderboard was taken from the idea of the old Arcade machines, so the same name can be in the leaderboard several times as long they are in the top scores.

Leaderboards:
Flowlab Game Creator - Leaderboards

I’m still testing around and plan to add a few more things, but I am comfortable enough to share the list so far, as well good enough at the moment to use in other games. Testing and Feedback would be great help.

8 Likes

I’m curios to see what’ll happen with tied scores? I’m in second on both with 400.

2 Likes

Thanks for the thought, I looked into it and I was able to make it where the first person to reach that number keeps the position. Any duplicates get push below that user.

As well as I made a few Admin Tools to help Test With

3 Likes

Do you think this would be too complicated to copy? Is there any other way to make it simpler?

3 Likes

It’s actually simplified by a lot, the details are also in the notes.
Just copy and import to your game.

2 Likes

What if I wanted to make a video off of it?

2 Likes

You could make a video on how to use it… but it mostly runs on its own.
Just put your highscore in a global, and that global would load on the leaderboard level.

If you want to break it apart… its using cloud data and list management so even explaining those on its own are actually very complex.

2 Likes

Ok. Well maybe I’ll explain how to use it. Is it ok if I use this?

3 Likes

Yeah the code is free to use, just like all my examples.

3 Likes

Thank you for replying. Have a nice day!

2 Likes

Update 9/2/21:

Numbering System is in, and also made the name go first now.
What is used first after position is customizable. (Score:Name or Name:Score)

4 Likes

Update 9/5/21:

• Area field should work now, so you can see your rank despite not being in the top.
  • Started working on Leaderboard 2.0

So I took a long discussion with Mhx on what I could do to refine and user friendly ID system. As well, there are a few things I wanted to do, such as removing all timers in the system. I’ll make a new topic and link, but here are a few benefits.

Leaderbaord 2.0 will have:

• Scores kept even if you change Username (ID Leaderboard).
  • No Timers, everything is done at once.
  • Focusing on account save data
4 Likes

Would you add fastest time later?

1 Like

Leaderboard 2.0 will include Reverse rule sets, so yes in a way.

2 Likes