LevelUP Jam II (Free Year of Indie, the sequel.)

:mega: Announcement: LevelUP Jam II - Who wants a free year of Indie (again)?

Hello game developers of flowlab.

I’m excited to announce LevelUP Jam II, our second year of this competition (albeit a little later than the previous). Last year’s Jam was a fun and productive event, and we’re back with another opportunity for an aspiring game creator.

LevelUP Jam II is open to users without a premium “indie” subscription. You can participate and have a chance to win a free code for an entire year of the “indie” subscription! (Like last year, you may participate for sport if you carry an active subscription.)

The competition’s prompt will revealed on the Jam’s official start date: TBD. Create a game that aligns with the prompt, showcasing your creativity, skills, and passion.

This year, the LevelUP Jam runs from TBD to TBD, with the last day for entries being end of day TBD.

Stay tuned for more information about the prompt and rules. Thank you to everyone participating. Your talent makes LevelUP Jam an incredible experience!

For those who remember me from last year, I look forward to further interactions with you. And for those of you that don’t know me, my name is Sable and I look forward to meeting you and experiencing your creativity as this Jam gets rolling on.

Brief and mostly unrelated comment

I had originally conducted the LevelUP Jam in February of 2022, and I had planned to repeat the timeframe again but unfortunately I had resided in a country that was sanctioned which cut off my ability to interact with the community for several months/a year. Luckily, BradenS stepped up to fill that void with his Booster Jam, but I liked the idea of making my original a tradition too much to let it slide. If BradenS decides to make his a tradition as well, then perhaps we can widen the amount of users rewarded for their hard work and diligence. Only time will tell.

Edit on deletion

I posted too early, and I meant to repost later in the day, but apparently it didn’t go away- So I will probably just need to bump later. My bad.

Take it easy, and feel free to speak about the Jam below and let me know if you have any questions pertaining to this exciting sequel.

~ Sable.

16 Likes

I’ve already got indie, can i still participate?

5 Likes

@paisleypug

Of course, it may help to inspire other participants. Whatever the result, it’s simply good fun.

4 Likes

Oh nice, if i win does the free user with the highest place get the indie instead?

4 Likes

Yes, only the participants competing for the prize would be considered for first place. Entries for sport may do so without being included in the primary judging.

4 Likes

Cool, I’d like to join even though I have indie.

2 Likes

I would like to join (I NEED MY INDIE AND IM BROKE)

4 Likes

you son of a witch im in

3 Likes

Ugh, this is so tempting. I don’t have indie and I’ve already used all of my game spaces. How will the prize be given?

4 Likes

By a gift card that you can redeem

3 Likes

Actually, its going to be a code

4 Likes

What is the theme?

3 Likes
3 Likes

I too want to join this!

2 Likes

Oh, that makes sense. If the theme were to be revealed now, participants could cheat and start early.

3 Likes

Just as a reminder, grazer usually hosts the summer flowjam around the time of July so I’m not sure if this would work out too well.

6 Likes

Oh, yes. If a user wants to participate in either game jam, they’d have to give up the other.

4 Likes

In discord, it was stated that it would most likely be starting at the end of July

3 Likes

So the times probably wouldnt conflict

3 Likes

Can someone please confirm the summer FlowJam date through discord? Not available in my country.
I can reschedule if necessary, thank you all for your interest.

2 Likes