Looking for ideas

I started making a game and have the basic controls down. It’s kinda fun but the clearly needs to be a challenge or goal of some kind, and I can’t really think of anything good.

Here’s the game, you just beat up the strawberries and that’s it.

3 Likes

beat up the strawberries to drain the life force of the strawberry queen, stopping her from being racist

2 Likes

This is a nice game! How did you do this?

2 Likes

You mean the fists?
It’s two objects that just follow the play around. When they are told to do an attack it enables its collisions, sends a message to the enemies to do a proximity check, and then disables its collisions.

1 Like

Ok That’s cool! Thanks for telling me!

1 Like

I love the
I think the game should revolve around the combat element, so as you progress through the game you learn more abilities or combos

3 Likes

You love the what, THIS IS IMPORTANT, WE NEED TO KNOW.

2 Likes

Oh lol, I finished the thought in my head but forgot to finish my sentence, lol. I always worry I’ll do that whenever I type. Whenever I finish typing a long message I think back to myself “did I type that? or did I forget”

What I was going to say was I love the title of the game

4 Likes

It’s pretty polished. First thing I’d do right now is a kill count, just so that there’s a sense of progression.

I’m thinking for combat, maybe a ground slam (say you jump and press S). There could also be powerups, like projectiles, swords, mega/double jump.

If Flowlab properly adds multiplayer, this would be a perfect fit.

Also, killing strawberries = more health, encouraging a more offensive attack style. Maybe also a way so that the strawberries attack you without a body collision since that’d be hard to avoid or counter with melee attacks.

Anyways, I like where this is going. There’s a couple bugs with jumping on top of the strawberries, but other than that, very polished. I’ll be tracking this topic lol

3 Likes

Incredible. Almost everything you said I’ve been thinking lol!

• If you jump and press s there is already a slam move lmao
  • Multiplayer could actually be fun, I didn’t think about that!
  • The enemies not attacking through collision was also something I was thinking, I was having a hard time coming up with a good way for them to attack without discouraging being aggresive

I’m glad you like it!

1 Like

of cousre its hard @DraftyScienceCoat75 . Nice saying
(joking around pls don’t sent Science after me!)

1 Like