Major object lost all of it's code

My object (+Level Gen)
The thing with a MASSIVE amount of behaviors, the absolute core of the game. Is completely empty. It’s been a while since I’ve used this project. But this is 100’s of hours gone. Please @grazer if there’s anything you can do.

2 Likes

I messaged grazer on discord for you. I hope it gets fixed soon. :confused:

2 Likes

Can you provide a few more details? Are we talking about one object? If so, which one?

When was the last time you edited this game (before today)?

2 Likes

I have no idea, it’s been a few months since I’ve edited it, I genuinely wish I knew how long it’s been like this. And it’s the object named (+Level Gen), which was in charge of generating all of the spawns and layouts for each level. It’s the only object missing anything.
Not sure what else you need, or why stuff like this seems to happen so much to me.

1 Like

Oh NO!

I LOVE this game! I have a few theories about how this happened.

Were you singed into two accounts on the same device editing the game? This has caused many saving problems in the past.

Did you have a bad internet connection? Was there an internet fault while editing?

1 Like

Could’ve been an internet issue, but this was ages ago. I mean I was done with the project anyway. But it was very playable… and now it’s gone.

2 Likes

Wait, you like this game, or the actual Plants vs Zombies game? I like both, lol. I really want to make a pvz game sometime.

3 Likes

This game is how I found out about plants vs. zombies.

2 Likes

That’s honestly an honor, this was a massive passive project. Hopefully you’ve played the real games though.

3 Likes

Yeah, I have played the real games. I think I played this a couple times before, it was such a cool game. Actually in my favorite games list. I hope you can get it working soon, please let me know if you do. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well if it’s any supplement, I’m currently working on an original project that’s pretty much the same at it’s core. So Maybe you’ll like that as well.

2 Likes

Is there anything that can be done?

If not, I can help you recode it if you want. I am a pretty fast coder.

1 Like

I’d have to somehow remember all mechanics, and every folder for the spawns. And then recode all 60 levels. It was 8 months of work for a reason. But thanks.

1 Like

Is it at all possible to reset the game back to it’s state at the beginning of the year, it doesn’t really matter when. Just like January first, where I knew it was before I lost all the data?