Making a new game!-Cave of Legends(WIP)

I am making a new game called “The Cave of Legends”. It is basically a monster fight game, but this game will be much better than Tale of Gnome. Hopefully. I will post my notes on the game here. And, if you have any suggestions, post them here

3 Likes

I do not know what a “monster fight” game is
my suggestion is this; please explain to me what a “monster fight” game is

2 Likes

Sorry, I wasn’t thinking. It’s an adventure game where the the whole thing is to fight a whole bunch of monsters. The end of every level has a boss, each one stronger than the last.

2 Likes

mario!

2 Likes

What? I don’t get it.

2 Likes

What you explained is basiscally mario

2 Likes

No, Tale of gnome(another game I made) is more like Mario. This one has strategy, and you have a sword, and the bosses are cooler.

2 Likes

I know I said this game isn’t based on mario, but I’ma use some mario ideas. I am making a lava pool where fire balls shoot up, but the balls keep flying to the right. Can anyone help me?

2 Likes

If you’re using the Emit behaviour, change the emit angle. I forgot which one, but the angles are 90, 180, 270, and 0. 90 is the default.

Just make a random connected to the delay and start of a timer, which is connected to an emit which is connected back to the random. boom.

1 Like

Thank you. It works no, and I made it if it touches something, it moves down

1 Like

First level is almost done, but if it’s going to be a good level is the question. So far, everything is a mess. That should be fine.

1 Like

Hey, all you little people. I bet you wanna play my new, trashy game. I only started it 3 days ago, and it is legal trash. The link
The Cave of Legends

1 Like

Really nice game! Unless you’re going for a cartoon look, maybe try working on the fire effects a bit. Right now they look like glowy slime. They still look fire though (pun intended)!

Since this is only the third day of Cave of Legends(or CoL, since it takes too long to type the whole name), I am not working very hard on these designs. When the player is burned, it has a special effect, which I will keep, but if you would like to post some better drawings for the game, please do, and I will put your username into my game, as credits

1 Like

Understandable, have a great day.

1 Like

I am obviously a horrible coder, so if someone can make sure nothing is whack in the code, that would be awesome. Btw, everyone in the forum who has helped with the game will get credited in the game. If that’s not an incentive for help, I don’t know what is.

2 Likes

The definition of insanity is actually doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result, not trying again.

1 Like

Remind me who asked :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

How does this even remotely relate to insanity?

3 Likes