Me tryna make a grindy platformer rpg (not flowjam related)

Hey its me the guy whos starting new projects and never finishing olde ones! (dont worry im making smol progress on my projects behind the scenes.) anyway, im making an rpg where youre this lil guy:
the main mechanic is supposed to be, that instead of grinding xp you buy skills that are exchangable, but
you can only equip a certain amount of skills: 1 transportation (cuz you cant jump), 2 attack, and 1 passive attack (like a punch). if you have any ideas for it lemme know!

3 Likes

quick update: made a basic enemy slime that follows you if you get close to it

1 Like

add shading

1 Like

i currently have an absolutley dumb bug where the on/off switches fould automatically snap back to their original state afer the object is triggered

1 Like

yeah sure why not

1 Like

despicable request

2 Likes

please shut up, no one thinks it’s funny. you keep mentioning something we don’t care about like all of a sudden minions saved your life.

3 Likes

That’s not what I meant but

2 Likes

Is it an allay? Or a creeper allay. ← Does not exist.

2 Likes

the design is kind of based off of the allay yes…

but its not an allay

2 Likes

Okay, then. Call it Alpeer.

3 Likes

Totally not just Creeper and Allay combined. :>

3 Likes

no one likes shitty your minion game

2 Likes
  1. censor the swear word, you have to follow the official Flowlab swear word rules.
  2. Tatata bala tu!
1 Like

Update that took me ages to debug:

1. Added a basic fly thing that happens when u press space

2. Added shading to slimes and made them have health

3. added player health and buggy knockback

4. made the map bigger and more to explore

5. added basic punch move

6. animated everything

Yay.

2 Likes

its been a bit since my last post, but since then i have been tweaking around the health system, debugged the knockback, and made a custom loading screen that just plays for a few seconds to let the
assets load. hopefully it’ll be ready for a beta release soon.

2 Likes