Discussion Guidelines & Clarification 🤬

Hey,

I just deleted the “Kittens” topic since it somehow had degenerated into pointlessness. I think The Guidlines mostly cover it, but there seems to be some disagreement about swearing so let me try to clarify:

I want this to be a place we can all be proud of, and I would not be embarrassed to share with my family. Also, folks of all age groups and backgrounds wander in here to discuss game development. That means that while the occasional “colorful metaphor” is ok, the F-Bomb is Hereby Banned forthwith and in perpetuity. Thanks for understanding the ■■■■ what I’m trying to say.

14 Likes

Lookin’ at you, @Haevoc

4 Likes

I stand corrected, then. Thanks for clearing this up, Grazer! (=

3 Likes

@MrMcMemerMan - if I was directing it at any particular user I would have mentioned them directly. Please read The Guidelines again if there is some confusion, particularly:

But remember to criticize ideas, not people .

We’re trying to keep the discussion on track here, let’s not immediately derail it.

8 Likes

You didn’t do anything wrong @browngr - the rules were not clear before, and that’s nobody’s fault but mine :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thank you @grazer. I was being a bit more pushy than I should have. I did add you to our pms though, and while I did expect no response, at least you have the ability to monitor our discussion.

3 Likes

Oh no, galaxian is typing again…
“BAM BAM BAAAM”

2 Likes

So just so that I can understand clearly @grazer: So other profanity is allowed with the exception of the F-bomb, or is all profanity prohibited with the exception of a few?

grazer you should give @MetaNinja the subtile essay writer

1 Like

Every time I type, an apocalypse occurs somewhere in the world. :joy: Maybe a nuclear fallout, or a zombie apocalypse.

Or just a whole essay talking about my thoughts…

1 Like

Were you typing in December, 2019? Because if so, the entire world would like to speak with you.

4 Likes

Hey @MetaNinja, I’m not going to list out every banned phrase.

How about this: If you think you’re typing something that might be over the line of good taste, then walk it back a bit. If you would be embarrassed to read the comment to your mom, then definitely edit it before posting :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Okay, thank you for the advice!

And yeah, a huge list is probably going to take a really long time.

2 Likes

I’m just gonna stop posting on the forums unless it’s something important than. To

with that rule

2 Likes

so are we allowed to say hell since it’s a place not a bad word?

3 Likes

I’m sure it’s fine if you just use it in a phrase, unless you’re telling someone to go there or something like that. But I would still resist saying that unless you absolutely have to. (Which even then you probably still don’t)

1 Like

Or you could just talk clean…

1 Like

It was a joke, Slime

A win for

Oh,okay.Why is it pointless now though?

2 Likes