Meet Flow-chan!

I figured for anyone that doesn’t know me, since I don’t actually post on the forums, grazer, JR, and I share a similar level of humor and tolerance of freedoms on the forums, with Pizza being the actually mature one. Remember to treat flowlab like a home or school with your friends, and try not to fight, start conspiracy theories, or badmouth users a lot in your secret discussions. We’re all here to get along, make games, and have a good time on flowlab. Whether we joke around, or take stuff seriously, life is rough, so remember to laugh and chill out over the small things.

5 Likes

I’m just gonna say this:

A character in any game is not restricted by age, mostly for the game type they are making. For example Splatoon uses kid like characters for paintball war game and to appeal to a demographic. The character here is displayed as a teenage gamer girl who ressembles the art style of a character in a game that Mhx is using for this game, which is Mona from Wario Ware Inc. And I dont think I need to mention characters like from Doki Doki, Zelda, Pokemon, ect.

Any other personifications of what these characters is a fandom and a opinion. Anything inappropriate actually needs to flagged and mentioned to Grazer or to a moderator.

As well as anything to Flowlab itself, such as design, make, logo, and even… identity should be justified by Grazer himself.

4 Likes

I don’t view it as that, this is a proffesional website where there are school teachers, proffesional devs and more… Which is the entire reason the otc got perma muted… Unless you’re saying that isn’t true.

1 Like

I believe it was actually flag muted by mass flagging from tons of users, to stop the fighting and arguing. grazer and I never really read flags since there are literally hundreds of them in the inbox. We take personal messaged reports that need serious action seriously, however. That’s why I actually posted for once. Usually I’m not needed, and we let the user ecosystem handle itself. You now have an entire Off-Topic section of the forums, so you got a massive upgrade.

3 Likes

Grazer is also the one to inspire me to give up on everything else and pursue game design as an occupation. I try to take that quite seriously, even though I know many of you treat me as a joke.

1 Like

That reminds me of this one Grazer quote:

(This is a joke, of course)

3 Likes

We got removed from the public. That’s not an upgrade.

3 Likes

Overall, as long as the character is not “xualized” in any official Flowlab capacity, I have no issues with it. It just seemed like the kind of thing that might quickly go in that direction, even if it was never meant to go that way. I came here from a forum that was frequented by mostly people my age, and conversations would regularly include occasional foul language and discussions about alcohol consumption and whatnot… come here and find that a significant portion of the community aren’t even old enough to vote, let alone drink, I’ve had to reset my own filter to block at least half of the stuff I might have said otherwise.

I’m still too new here to know who is who, who are pranksters vs. who are being serious, what is appropriate vs. what isn’t… the cheerleader mascot just seemed like something that could quickly escalate into dangerous territory.

4 Likes

Stuff is starting to become more personal than it actually being on the topic of an anime mascot, lol. Or at least it is at this point.

3 Likes

I mean, I grew up on 4chan and forums since 2005 or so. I’ve seen a lot of stuff. Flowlab is about as tame as it gets, for an anarchy forum with relaxed moderation.

4 Likes

I second that @tgw, I probably was too rash with my decisions, and this tells my intended stance well.

4 Likes

Oh I know, I’ve seen some foul stuff on the internet. I would never ever share it here though.

2 Likes

Idk how a simple concern for a mascots future art style ended up in a war in which JR_01 has been typing for like ten minutes now, lol.

1 Like

Again, they were moved and not re-moved.

The problem was there were several off topic… topics that getting help or even finding Flowlab related topics was to go pass several of the top topics. But what really forced the change was threats and arguments, which is very unappealing to represent the site as a whole. The only reason this isn’t in the Lounge is that it’s related to a game and is also about Flowlab itself.

3 Likes

As an example of relaxed moderation, I allowed this discussion to pollute my topic, as I am someone that truly believes that mature open debate and discussion bears far more fruit, like understanding each other and coming to a better solution, than just locking, censoring, silencing, and banning. I don’t believe in banning outside of extremes. I believe in talking to people until all the issues are ironed out.

3 Likes

Yet this is an “anarchy” server?

An anarchy server is a server with practically no rules or repercussions as long as laws aren’t broken, and has a diplomatic system of a vote kick. The users decide in mass what is best for the forums and the next flowlab changes. As long as everyone is satisfied with a turn of events, nobody needs to be banned.

1 Like

I think that was a figure of speech, Slime

If you want only serious discussions, fine, I’ll suck it up. If you are okay with jokes, sure, I’d like that. But only jokes from mods? That seems unfair.

1 Like

That definition clarifies things, thanks.