Mentorship program

hey, I want to be a student! Can I do the pixel art one? I’m also up for isometrics.

1 Like

Current updated list of Mentors:

@paisleypug with “Juice your game up”
@CodeAlpaca with

1. “Lists Masterclass”,
  2. “Organization Masterclass”
  3. “General Coding” @JUSTPLAINOP this is a intro to most behaviours with alpaca(lowkey carrying this program with the coding stuff)

@Hong_Jooni_Pooni with “Intro to 16x16 or 8x8 pixel art”
@Tapeboiii with “Intro to Isometrics”

Pending mentors(people who want to teach but don’t exactly know what)
@DinoDev

2 Likes

yeah, sure, just sign up on the poll above and by tomorrow we should have a list of programs for yall to do

1 Like

I agree with Sup3r where I would be happy to teach more, i just dont know what people want to learn.

8 Likes

I’m interested. Can’t go in depth at the moment, but I would be very interested in a video game storytelling course, however I am open for discussion.

3 Likes

well i wouldnt mind taking that course

1 Like

@Hong_Jooni_Pooni what were all the courses avalible again?

This is the list of current ones. It’s just a few posts above.

1 Like

Most of us can sprite stack we just don’t, it’s kind of pointless in most games unless you’re making a top down game.

4 Likes

meanwhile [REDACTED]

2 Likes

hey @CodeAlpaca can i join the general coding course?

3 Likes

Tommorow I will be making a poll with all the different options and classes can start on Monday? Might be on Wednesday because some people might need time to plan out their lesson

6 Likes

Sounds interesting. I would also be interested to learn sprite stacking.

2 Likes

I would like to try the juice one too

2 Likes

Current updated list of Mentors:

@paisleypug with “Juice your game up”
@CodeAlpaca with

1. “Lists Masterclass”,
  2. “Organization Masterclass”
  3. “General Coding” @JUSTPLAINOP this is a intro to most behaviours with alpaca

@Hong_Jooni_Pooni with “Intro to 16x16 or 8x8 pixel art”
@Tapeboiii with “Intro to Isometrics” and perhaps something about AI
@DinoDev with “Game design planning 101”
@rcreger with some sort of “Story Telling course” (not actually too sure if rcreger is doing this, if you are, can you confirm?)

Pending mentors(people who are on the fence)
@sup3r87 with spritestacking
@extrez with a art class about blood , liquids and fabric
@Lyndon_Bork with something, idk what they want to do.

If any of these pending mentor classes interest you, you can tell them and that may influence them to teach it :+1:

7 Likes

I think he’d be better suited for this, but if @JR01 doesn’t want to, I can do a more in-depth lesson about expressions and how Haxe can be used within them

7 Likes

Are you going to teach?

Yup!

2 Likes

yes I need this

4 Likes

I’m thinking about it - just not sure how useful it is and also not sure about my availability the coming weeks. Got college and stuff along with personal projects - so we’ll see. If a decent amount of people are interested, I’ll consider it:)

6 Likes

I would be honored to be taught by you.

3 Likes