Mobile Shake and Sensors Question

Thinking about buying Indie for FlowLab. Before I buy I was wondering is mobile shake still an option for mobile devices when you export your game? Another question I have is does Indie unlock other sensors you can use for mobile? Maybe the Accleormeter, Magnonmeter, Gyroscope?

No, none of these are supported with flowlab behaviors, unfortunately

If you want to make a computer game then flowlab is a good option. but if you want to make a complex mobile game then don’t use flowlab. but if you want both then make all PC parts of your game in flowlab and then if you can then export it to another game engine with more mobile options. and then export your product to steam and the epic games store. and the apple app store and the Google play store. and then slip some ads into the mobile version and add a feature where people can buy the game without ads.(sorry for the long amount of text)

Actually just looked you can use a workaround and get the accleormeter because in the Official Documentation it says something about a Mobile Shake Feature. Which that uses the accleormeter…

Me with Cosmic Stranded which is mainly for mobile

1 Like

Shake is an old behavior that got removed actually, it didn’t have any uses other than detecting quick jerking actions that is a gesture set in the phone. (like shaking to show lock screen or to end a phone call)

I would love to see a gyroscope added to flowlab, but it needs to be a feature request. If more people want a gyroscope now, the more likely it will be added sooner.

current mobile behaviors:

2 Likes

Awesome, so it looks like there is that feature for mobile. Meaning I will make some games where you can shake the device to control things.

Yeah you can make mobile games. Something good to know is that a click on the phone would count as a click from a computer in your game so you can use the mouse click behavior for mobile when tapping things.

1 Like

Oh nevermind then. That’s
too bad

Gestures allows for multi touch but is more harder to work with.
Plus is doesn’t work on pc which makes it difficult to test (there is a browser test you can do in dev consoles).

2 Likes

Yeah, I see. Well probably won’t be buying the Indie then, since it doesn’t support any device sensors. Would really be cool if @grazer could add a gyroscope or something. Could help make some really cool mobile games.

1 Like