Move character (selected first) to mouse click

Hi

Simple one however I am struggling to get this to work.

I am trying to move a character that is on the screen to the mouse click - I also aim to use the mouse click for the character(s) to interact and or through a projectile - please help

Thanks

TimCS

1 Like

I can make some example code in about an hour. I’ll ping you when I’m finished

2 Likes

@BradenS Thank you for this -really appreciate it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@timcs_auz I hope this can help

1 Like

so it’s not so sudden you can use eases to make it look like he’s walking there.

1 Like

Now this is common sense

kinda like this…

1 Like

It’s really not, and don’t be rude to the people who are trying to help. I get you are trying to be funny and all but there are times for the funny and times that the funny is not wanted. Ok?

Honestly don’t want another Agent

I know you have a troll face as your profile picture, but please don’t troll

1 Like

Thank you for all your help @BradenS and @Pixel_Name1 really appreciate this - I can see that there are a lot of help users here which is great when learning a new game engine.

I think I have picked the right game engine here - graphics/sprite design is my only hurdle yes these can be purchased if the right ones are found - can be expensive though.

again thank you all

Kind regards,

TimCS

2 Likes

So you just want game sprites? I could help with that lol, I have a lot of free time on my hands.

1 Like

Here’s a couple free ones I made, if you can view Pixilart.

2 Likes

@Pixel_Name1 thank you for this link and I may send you a message with what I am after :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love making sprites for people - I think I’m pretty good at art and I could be your artist. You can @ me if you ever need some help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@BradenS my other hurdle is funds for anyone these days - my wife and I are struggling at the moment and we have a delayed development son with ADHD and possible Autism (only 2 years old). my goal for this game is that I hope it will help us fund for our sons future as we are older parents and will not be around to see him grow up and have grandchildren.

I would love to have the time to learn this myself too , however I have to learn a gaming engine first. There are other possible challenges I have for this game so I will need to know if they are possible within flowlab. I did ask one question on another gaming engine (quite a long standing one now) and they said this " requirement" would be difficult to do to almost impossible.

Which is interesting as I put a post on a general gaming forum on these requirements and they said all gaming can do this … Watch this space for this one… :slight_smile:

@Pixel_Name1 I have tried your changes however I think I might be doing something wrong as the character is jumping and then slowly moving up each time.

Can you please provide the complete logic in case I missed something

Thank you

TimCS

1 Like

I think Braden added it fully to the example just recopy and paste it

1 Like