Music for Venture Back - Venture back forum

You were typing for a long time and then you just go blank :rofl:

1 Like

I sent him a message to see what was wrong with my animation

1 Like

Oh ok

1 Like

@sans7657 good luck for your game! By the way, is the game inspired from some other game, or you are trying to create a game based on your own idea?

@samsajwani1234 hey sorry for late response. This is a game style I have wanted to make, not really inspired. My dream game is a smash style top down game where each player can choose different classes. But, I want to make that in a bigger software, like unity.

1 Like

I always try to learn c# so I can learn unity but i always give up.

Also, Iā€™d rather use UE4 just cause itā€™s more trusted I guess? Also, Iā€™ve tried unity, I know itā€™s personal preference but I hate their UI lol, I like UEā€™s UI because itā€™s simple and doesnā€™t hurt my eyes.

1 Like

I really want to learn unity. I learn fast, but donā€™t have the time/resources to do it. Hope you make this into something!

1 Like

Announcement
Itā€™s honestly unfortunate so early in development that I have to say I am not getting as much progress on venture back as I would have liked. Daily life has kinda of made me hit a wall. I got weeds in my yard now, and I feel like I am cleaning my living room for longer each time. I hope you understand, and because of this, the first demo may be delayed.

Thx,

1 Like

Announcement

Hello, I have 2 things today. 1, I have officially closed both the poll for demos, and for artist spots. The poll, I didnā€™t want it to really want to keep it on forever. Now that I have the group set up, comment if you would like to get demos. The artist spot, I finally got a grasp on how I wanted my game to look. There may or may not be a spot in the future for audio design, but we will see.

2nd, I have a small sneak peek of some stuff I have made. The map is the one thing that will change through out the process and will probably NEVER stick through the sneak peeks. That being said, here it is: https://www.loom.com/share/8a88967338434a1591321babbeed77b5 (also it is only 30 seconds long so not much stuff)

Sans7657

1 Like

Nice, can I suggest something helpfulā€¦ disable the bullets solidity and make it say collisions enabled.

So that players canā€™t get stuck on the bullet but the bullets can kill things and destroy and other stuff.
Also make the bullets movable (I couldnā€™t tell if they were, sometimes they only go one direction if you donā€™t make them movable)

Hey @Yorkie2323, thanks for the advice about the bullet collision. I will probably make the collision box polygon for a smooth collision. For the movable, I reused a bullet thing from an old game. That included movable so all good.

1 Like

Announcement

Hey, as you can tell, I havenā€™t posted anything in nearly a week. You may be wondering the progress on venture back. Well, I have got done a lot of things. So far, I have an enemy that walks between a set area, I have and ammo and shooting, and I have the first piece of the first level. I also made a piece of what I want to become a design doc. I say a piece because so far it is just the first level design.

But, now, I reveal,

MUSIC IS HERE

Also, I may be posting devlogs on youtube. My channel name will be Sans7657 (obviously)

1 Like

Announcement

Here is the first upload of venture back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB8tHTYVg20

If you would like, you can be my first subscriber, THX :slight_smile:.
Also @grazer, look around 4:00, there may be a bug that you should look into.
Sans7657

1 Like

Announcement

Hey, I would like to say first of all, that I am glad that I can make my first actual game in a place where people give valuable feedback. I donā€™t have friends, and none of my family members want to play my stuff.

Other than that, I have been working on the first level for a while, and have be adding stuff when needed. A demo will probably come in the near future.

Thanks,
Sans7657

1 Like

your character art reminds me of this guy:

1 Like

XD so true20 characters

1 Like