My Coding Theories - Overma Games

Hey everyone! This is just a little post I wanted to make to put my theories on, about coding. I thought maybe someday someone might find useful?

2 Likes

Multiplayer Nametag’s

I was wondering if there was a way to make multiplayer nametags. If I used RecrypText, and made 26 different objects, that on each one, there was a different character. Each of them a shared objects. Then I make a router with 26 spawners, and have each one set to a different character. So when the player joins in, the RecrypText makes a nametag… and theoretically it would work? It’s a lot of objects though.

2 Likes

But there are more characters than 26. But it will work for testing.

I don’t know if labels will actually show up to other players in a multiplayer game, but using the Recryptext bundle, it should work since it uses actual objects that have animations.

1 Like

I tried it. It didn’t seem to work. That brought me to the 26 objects. I thought it would work, and I can test it again. Do you have any ideas?

If the object is shared, it should be able to be visible to all players. But since it uses animations, I don’t know how well it translates. I don’t think I ever used Multiplayer at all so I can’t say for sure, but I learned some of it just from other users posting about it on here.

1 Like

Here was one of my original tests…

I had it a shared object, didn’t work. But a player object did. The only thing is the animations did not work. It just showed AAAAAA