My first game coming out soon!

I am a new user to Flowlab, but I do have experience in coding in platforms like Scratch and Game builder garage. The game will be called “The Tale of Gnome”. I hope you like it when it comes out, I will update it’s release date every now and then. I started the process of making this game on November 2nd, 2021. Right now, I am working on a stopwatch to make it feel more fast pace. My attempts aren’t going to great, and the number is going into the billionths place, and I only want the lowest digit to be in the hundredths. Any suggestions to help me?

3 Likes

Well…
What you want to do to make a stopwatch in the hundredths place is make a timer, and set it to repeat forever. Since 1 tick on a timer is 1/10 of a second, you’ll want to set the tick to .1 (the typing can be a little fidgety, just keep messing around until you get the number). Next, create two numbers (numbers and logic), and a Label (GUI). Connect Out of the timer to the Get of one of the numbers, and set this number to 0.01. Connect the Out of this number to the + of the other number, and connect the Out of the last number to the Value of the Label. That should work.

Why does this work?
Well, the timer is constantly being activated every .01 second. On that activation it adds .01 to the number, and the number determines what is in the text.

Feel free to contact us whenever,
Masked Studios

3 Likes

well please let me know when your game is out

2 Likes

Thank you! I just tried that, and it’s working, but it keeps going into the smaller place values, as if there’s a smaller hidden number. Do you know why? the numbers are starting to look like this: 2.3600000000000000019. How can I limit to only up to the hundredths place

1 Like

Ok. It should come out sometime this month, but I will post a time sometime later this week.

1 Like

Okay. Here’s what you do:
Put the last number in the A and the Eval of an expression block. Change the inputs to 1, and in the expression block type this:
(Math.round(A * 100)) / 100

And in the Out of the expression, set that as your Value for the label.

So basically, Math.round rounds the number to the nearest whole number. That would get rid of the hundreths, so we just multiply it by 100, saving the hundredths, round it, deleting the rest, and then divide it by 100, turning the hundredths back to their original state.

2 Likes

Oh my gosh!!! It worked!!! Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Well I’m surprised that it worked, too :no_mouth:

Whatevs, a lot of my advice I haven’t even tested out myself, but it works out in the end :wink:
Again, feel free to @ me anytime you need help.

1 Like

Now, I made a boss for this game, but it’s quit easy. All you have to do is jump on it’s head, and then you have won the game. Does anyone have ideas to make it more fun? This is a 2D game, and the inside space battle area for the boss is 6 blocks wide and 7 blocks high.

1 Like

Well Idk what the game is about and stuff so idk how to help, stopwatch is hard i havent gotten that far in flowlab since i started october 20th 2020

1 Like

The game is a 2D side scroller game, and the goal of the game is to kill the boss, get the crystal, and…beat your time each time. Then you try again.

2 Likes

Well actually, you have to jump it’s head twenty times, so it’s actually quite difficult. Well, that’s a lie. You just jump on it’s head and try not to touch it’s sides. It’s really easy, but if there was sort of thing I could do to make it better, I would. So, if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to let me know. But, before you have me trying to give it flying capabilities, know I only started last week.

Try adding projectiles that fly out of it or make it spawn little bad guys that have low health

OK. I tried both of those, but I had no luck. I tried to make a homing missile, and that was the most difficult thing I had to do. I haven’t tried to make regular projectile, but I will try. And, I don’t know how make him spawn other creatures. I tried using spawn, but I think it kept spawning them way out of the boundary’s. I will have to make a random block, and try that. If anyone has any other ideas or can give me a step by step, that would be great.

1 Like

If you want to make an easy homing missile, just have an always extracting the position of whatever you want it to be aimed at (or use a proximity set to closest object), and then a pointat, and then a number connected to your velocity.

OK i will try. But, if anyone here has made a boss battle, or knows how to make it faster as it loses health, or give it special skills, Please let me know, and send the boss battle if you do have one. I will put anyone here who helped make it in the credits.

Did someone say… BOSS BATTLE?

It was you who made this game?! I loved this game!

1 Like

You did…?
I didn’t even post it anywhere really…

Well, when I started making the game, I looked at a bunch of boss battle games to give me some ideas. Your game was one of the first ones I played.

1 Like