My Flowjam Submission, The Heuchler

Here is my submission for the 2022 winter flowjam. Although it is definitely apart of the Scepter Foundation series such as The Facility and Flee, but this game also features the character playing as The Heuchler, or Subject: 005. The Heuchler is German for pretender (or hypocrite according to google) and its a shape shifting entity that is freed from its containment by an unknown entity, but tries to persuade the character to free itself.

There are three different endings. Freedom, Hero, and Devastation. Although Hero might have to be the hardest one to get, since it needs more items found than the other two.

I’m sure there’s a ton of bugs, considering I have a lot of NPC’s in the game, plus some interesting interactions you could do. All endings have been confirmed to work, but I have yet to actually test the entire game to solve them. I literally added all of the endings just today, so I’m super tired, lol.

Anyway I hope you enjoy this other addition to the Scepter Foundation series.

13 Likes

How do you transform into a scientist? It wasn’t working for me.

You click on them or in their direction. Since I couldn’t get the clicking behavior to work since the screen was zoomed in, it emits something that once it collided with the scientist it transforms the player.

1 Like

The game itself isn’t very large, but the game level might be a bit to load up in one setting so it could have been a loading bug or something where the behavior wasn’t fully working.
It was working perfectly for me when I tested it so you might have to refresh the page if it keeps up.

1 Like

Ok, thanks!

1 Like

Whats the difference between scepter foundation and scp

1 Like

Basically the same thing, but one’s my creation whereas the other is a giant community based creation.

And Scepter Foundation has different lore and entities compared to SCP.

2 Likes

Ok theres the origibal and then theres your thing inspired by it. I see.

1 Like

I know SCP has story and lore, but there’s way to much for one single person to understand and I’ve watched a lot of videos regarding SCP’s and stuff and i’m still so far away, so i wanted to make something similar, but a lot more simpler regarding story and lore.

Yes the overall idea was inspired by SCP Containment breach since it was a very good game back in the day, and the unity remake was even better. The idea of a facility containing monsters wasn’t knew and SCP just mastered the idea where I simply adopted it into the series.

Also a lot of the characters come from short stories that I write. Since a lot of people just kind of interpret their own stories or take other peoples interpretations on SCP’s so when watching those videos they never really are accurate since none of it was officially announced in the wiki or the fan base. So I basically wanted to make something a lot more smaller and simpler.

2 Likes

Whoa. I read all that btw. I understand and thats really cool.

2 Likes