My Roommate Is An Assassin! Visual Novel Devlog

Hi, I am Lee, or you can call me TearDropStudio! I am new here and hope we can all cooperate, and make fun games together!

My Roommate Is A Assassin is a Visual Novel with different endings. Now by reading the title, you should get a good hint what this novel is going to be about. My schedule is very busy, and notice that this game will not be based on a pixel art style, but hand drawn. So this might take a while…so updates are posted soon.

15 Likes

An*

2 Likes

Thank you for the correction! But not the best start for me.

3 Likes

There’s not many visual novels on flowlab so I’m excited to see how this turns out.

3 Likes

Thank you, I’m kinda new to United States, but anyway I will to make it as exciting as you think it will be.

3 Likes

If you ever need help with the story or writing, I’d be glad to help as I’m also a book writer (or try to be).

Also I’m sure the other users on here will be happy to help with any concerns or questions you may have.

8 Likes

Cool! I cannot wait to see how this turns out! Welcome to the community, by the way.

Same here! MP and I are both authors and I would be happy to help with anything I can.

5 Likes

kinda hyped for this game ngl

1 Like

I am still trying to draw the character and the story. Pieces by pieces. I will try to leak in some of the script soon.

4 Likes

I wanna see! I wanna see!

Yeah, this sound very cool.

2 Likes

The First 19 Days Of Planning

Hey everyone, for the last few days, I just been learning to do things in flowlab. I have also been doing character design and story design. It’s been really slow because of high school and personal problems and piano lessons. I got a tight schedule. I am going to send out a sneak-peek on the characters you will be seeing in the game. They are only drafts, not the final characters. So they might look different, or change just a bit. I will also show you some of the story soon, probably on Monday afternoon.

6 Likes

Hey Everyone, the last few weeks, it’s been very busy for me. I also fully read the flowlab guide. Anyways, here are the characters. Now this might not look like much, But I got to tell you, Character design ain’t all that easy. I still need to draw them on computer, so…yeah. Anyways, if you want to see the characters, it will be in the link below…I will probably put other stuff in the google docs soon anyways. Don’t worry about the handwriting…it’s the start of writing english.

7 Likes

Hey Everyone,

It’s been fun organizing all the animations and drawings I made. I will post them when I have time.

4 Likes

The final design of Ryuji. I’m not sure how long this took me, but I can say it took a while to draw this picture. Now I plan to draw this online, and probably the other characters.

8 Likes

Wow! You have some amazing art skills!

2 Likes

Man, that’s quite good!

3 Likes

I’m drawing it digital right now, so I will also post that.

5 Likes

Hello Everyone! I wish I could get on flowlab everyday, but I have a tight schedule as you know it. Here is the drawing of Ryuji on digital. So the art style I plan to go for this game is watercolor art. Which…seems decent, since this is my first time using the app.

6 Likes

Wow, this is pretty good! The lighting is interesting. Normally, Mangas are black and white, will this go for your visual novel as well?

2 Likes