Need help with advanced saves

I would like some help making advanced saves.
So basically, saves will save any variable in your cookies, but once those cookies disappear the data resets. I would like help creating a system that reads your user ID and then matches it to a number based on lists (so basically, if my user ID is at position 5 of this cloud list, then get the number at position 5 of this other cloud list)

Some smart people that could help

@JR_01 @DraftyScienceCoat75

1 Like

What exactly do you want to use this for? I don’t really understand lol

2 Likes

In retrospect, cookies that can’t be deleted.

2 Likes

The only reason its saves through the cookies is because it’s a browser base game.
If you downloaded the game, the save would be to the computer.

1 Like

Got it, but what if I want to keep it a browser-based game :upside_down_face:

There’s no permanent way to save data on the browser-based game. Local data saved in the cookies, and there’s a limit for cloud data (or there should be).

1 Like

Wouldn’t there be a way we could do something like this:

User ID-------------Value
1 ---------------------- 48
2 ---------------------- 34
3 ---------------------- 87

Just give them a place in the list and then when that value increases (or decreases), take the number in the same place and set that…?

Kinda, that could technically work.
The point of cloud data is that the more you add, the more space you’re going to use.

This is good for something like high scores, but saving everything like game progress, items, coins, etc is going to use a lot of data really fast. Cloud data is only good for sharing data between users.

1 Like

Got it.
So basically, stick to saves :wink:

1 Like