Neon Break - approved on newgrounds!

hey, I’ve been seeing lots of others making posts about their flowjam entries, thought I might give it a shot.

here’s my flowjam game for this summer. created this one solo, spent most of the first week making the base of it, then polished stuff and added cutscenes in the second week.
I hope you enjoy it :smiley: tell me if you have any more feedback for improvements after the Jam.

8 Likes

I’m a big fan of this one! The art style is fun and the neon aesthetic is great! I also loved the gameplay and found your use of the “breakable” subtheme to be super creative.

This is one of the best submissions that I’ve played so far!

5 Likes

Thanks! I had a lot of fun with your submission too. I love the writing for the king.

5 Likes

Yeah I really liked yours! @F3Art

The effects really add to it!

4 Likes

update:

• new lighting stuff
  • sprites auto tiled for the walls
  • audio fixed to work better with the new chrome/edge update (stopping last sound before starting a new one)

5 Likes

Neon Break is on Newgrounds!

It’s under judgement, so giving it a rating would be much appreciated!

6 Likes

Just did:D hopefully gets approved soon!

3 Likes

Newgrounds is the harshest platform I’ve seen for game reviews, but its pretty good for more direct comments for larger/polished games. I wish you luck

3 Likes

neon break has been approved! with the highest rating (and most votes at 70) I’ve gotten so far on newgrounds, a 2.97 / 5.00!

this also got me to level 02 game dev :smiley:

5 Likes

That’s great! And about a 3/5 is a great rating! Always cool to see Flowlab games branch out. Congrats on the approval :blush:

3 Likes

I decided to make an export for neon break today, and that means making an icon! it looks pretty cool imo so I thought I’d share. :smiley:

6 Likes
6 Likes