New Article Posted: Top 5 Indie Game Dev Mistakes

The title kind of says it all, I just published a new article and I’d love to hear feedback if you have any:

Thanks!

11 Likes

the loop one happens to me lots of times

4 Likes

#1: Being Hihilogic
#2: While being Hihilogic, make a game
#15: Burger king foot lettuce…

4 Likes

Also, not to name names, but a certain guy with a McDonalds cashier as his prof pic could definitely listen to #1…(from the actual article)
Oh snap, I could definitely take advice from #2

4 Likes

WOAAH
Just realized there was a profile pic next to the articles
I did NOT expect grazer to look like that :open_mouth:

3 Likes

WHAT THE HECK I saw it to, amazin

3 Likes

Literally rocking the meanest soul patch (or at least the start of a soul patch) ever :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

He also revealed his face during the summer flowjam, when he streamed his game.

3 Likes

Love this

8 Likes

I’ve heard of Mistake #1 a lot, and I have managed to avoid it, as my first few games were just mini-platformers. Now, the current game I am working on used to be bigger and more ambitious than it is now, but I decided to make the game slightly smaller to make sure that it can be finished by the end of next year. For example, initially I was going to make a cutscene for every level, but I decided to minimize it to just a select few levels (like when the story reaches a major plot point).

Overall, I will do my best to heed these warnings, and hopefully everybody else will do the same.

4 Likes

Soul patch? no :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I saw this post on Instagram a while back and I thought it would be cool to share. Cause I know some people sometimes forgets what each gate does, lol. (Talking about myself here)

10 Likes
4 Likes

Nice. Can’t wait to see more

5 Likes