NEW GAME: Some Cube and A Ouest For Like

I mean, there are only so many things you can make different about a dash. It’s not going to be all that original no matter which way you spin it.

Apart from that, I would change the name a little. Something relating to the actual goal of the game. Maybe something like “Buddy and the Epic Quest for Milk” or something like that.

Also, I patched up your movement and animation. I have them seperated here because seperating your animation and movement is a good practice. (yes, the flip behavior counts as animation)

Basically, when you press left or right it takes the number and multiplies it by 4 (making -20/20), and whenever you dash it gets that number and turns it into velocity, while shutting off the regular ability to move.

An important thing here is the NOR gate. The NOR gate get’s activated when nothing is happening, basically, whcih means if the left and right keys aren’t pressed down then it’ll activate the idle animation, but if we kept it going through the switch it would keep restarting the animation forever, so we have the switch set itself off. Then when we have the left, right, or X key pressed down, it activates another animation and sets the switch on.
The most important thing here is the “priority” on the attack animation. Basically, priority is a way to make an animation play over another animation, basically an override.

I hope you take some of my advice. Good luck with your game!
Masked Studios.

1 Like

Here’s some other steps you can take:

If I were you, once I seperated the movement and animation and finished the code i would bundle it by using the select tool and pressing this button:

Then it would turn into this (i already named it, it’s not gonna automatically name itself):

And then you can do the same with the movement and group them together:

And there you go! Bundles are a nice way to create organization in your game, especially when you have a lot of moving parts :smiley:

1 Like

thxs as Cotton Studio grows

Hey Masked Studio thanks for the help! I really appreciate it. I will spend my time doing what you showed thank you!

1 Like

But I think for now its good enough and thank you for the great name. :slight_smile:

1 Like

UPDATE 1
i have now made txture and your house. which is pretty empty. I plan to add butterflys, flowers, all that beautiful stuff.

2 Likes

good stuff

2 Likes

Capture

3 Likes