New Update 9/20 - the sequel :)

Mousemove is off on windows export

Either alpha or ease isn’t working right, because on my Shifter title screen, the galaxy background is choppy, instead of fading smoothly.

Ease works fine for me

Something is making the background in Shifter lag, as it fades alpha.

I’ll take a look at the background alpha fading, and let you know what I find.

Hey @“Mhx Ar” - I see what you mean now. So the alpha fade behavior you are seeing is the result of quantized alpha channel values. Basically alpha filters are really slow, so I added an optimization for fast alpha rendering to eliminate in-game lag, but as a result there are a limited number of alpha values to render, which makes a slow fade like this not look so smooth.

I have removed the quantization from large (>32 pixel) sprites, since those aren’t really being sped up anyway. This makes your background and menu fade values nice and smooth, but I have left the optimization in place for small sprites. If more people end up complaining I may need to just remove it completely, so we’ll see.

Could you add it as a checkmark option? When you click alpha, have a toggle or checkmark button on it for smooth or fast. Actually, could you do something similar for off screen objects? If I send a message to something off screen, it probably won’t trigger, since off screen objects disable, and restart when on screen, so if you had an option to keep an object always loaded, and working, even off screen, I could use this for doors and boss battles.

can you make polls on comments?

is it safe to work on Awakening? Im afraid of flowlab updates… i dont want to mess everything

Its all fine now

k thxs