Not flowlab, but a badge idea

A new badge idea: Multitool. People who have multiple areas in expertise. Such as @00T_Free, who is good at art, coding, and I’m pretty sure they tried to make a story once :upside_down_face:
Another example: @meburningslime. Self explanatory.

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s a good idea as to its an opinion based badge. Grazer would be pressured into giving it to nearly everyone or else that would imply their art or coding was bad or not good enough. I think I’m good at art personally, but compared to @Baron_Wasteland and @F3Art I’m not worthy of the badge. See what I mean?

7 Likes

I think the badge is based more on the amount of things you’re capable of

It would still be largely opinion based, though :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Sure. But so are a lot of the badges. Not disagreeing, just sayin’ :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Example of one?

<10100101>
(See, now the thing doesn’t work, idk what’s up with discourse and randomly deciding when I do and don’t get to do these things lol)

3 Likes

It doesn’t like when you use symbols or numbers :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

It still works when I do, that’s the filler I always use

(Other than lolololol occasionally)

1 Like

Like the epic tune bestower badge. (Okay that one’s a really bad example)

Basically the badge is all the badges turned into one, then dial down the epicness meter a bit :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I don’t think this would be much of a great idea. Many people have unnoticed skill, and it’d be heavily opinion based on who got the badge. Unless, you get the badge from having so many solved topics.

1 Like

Baron doesn’t actually know very much about flowlab, he’s just good at art

3 Likes

I think that’s what he meant-

1 Like

I mean, yeah I’m good at art. I still have a bit of a ways to go until I’m good at the coding part. I think I’m not a bad writer either, I suppose. I’m probably a ‘multitool’ at something, but my presence on flowlab is still very much “does art well. does anything else? idk”
if you think about it, everyone has their own areas of expertise.

5 Likes

I’m still trying to figure out what mine is, exactly…

3 Likes

It means you have indie :upside_down_face:

1 Like

No, I meant, my area of expertise. I know what the badge means. I was replying to Baron.

3 Likes

@Baron_Wasteland You are definetly a multitool but my god your pixel art is professional

3 Likes

This badge… doesn’t really make sense. This is a community of largely one-man-band studios, who do nearly everything by themselves, except for collaborative projects. Sorry, this idea just wouldn’t fit into flowlab. Basically everyone is a “multitool,” it just depends how good they are overall. For example, glowbug is amazing at art, while todorrobot is a legend in coding. They’re both great at all things, but for example, JR isn’t dedicated in any field, but is great in all categories. It just… Doesn’t make sense lol. Sorry.

4 Likes

Agreed, everyone is a multi-tool in their own way :slight_smile:

Is this the first time we’ve agreed @meburningslime?

3 Likes

Not really I don’t think, and there shouldn’t be division in a community that’s for fun.

3 Likes