Official Flowjam 2022 Announcement Thread! šŸ“¢

Srry, but I donā€™t have discord, but we could chat through here. I would be willing to except your offer of being my guide.

1 Like

just curious, are we allowed to submit more than one entry?

3 Likes

Yes, but itā€™s recommended that you focus on one.

3 Likes

how are everyoneā€™s games going so far?

4 Likes

Havenā€™t started, but Iā€™m going to soon. Really looking forward to everyone elseā€™s submissions :slight_smile:

3 Likes

going great so far, worked almost nonstop yesterday

3 Likes

getting kinda worried about reaching the 50 block limit, but I should easily have enough time to condense things into 1 object.

2 Likes

If you reach the 50 block limit, one month of Indie is only $9. That will give you unlimited objects (& levels & games) for the month, along with all the other upgrades.

4 Likes

I could do that, but I really want to make the entire game in free edition to show people that you can make a good game with only 50 blocks and 5 levels.

2 Likes

Then please please PLEASE, show people there are workarounds for the 50 block and 5 level limits. A lot of people think the jam is rigged and only paid users can win :]

2 Likes

Same goes for me, Itā€™s goinā€™ great so far!

3 Likes

This yearā€™s competition is gonna be stiff haha. Every year more talented people in the ring! Iā€™m honestly interested in seeing the next big thing someoneā€™s gonna put out for the Flowjam this year!

5 Likes

My friend and I are doing some really complex mechanics. Weā€™re working on a brand new original story.

3 Likes

When I do the game jam, I usually donā€™t surpass the object limit. The only thing Iā€™d worry about is the level limit, which there are ways to get around that.

4 Likes

I just added a submit button, and deadline countdown timer to the Flowjam page. Keep in mind that you can submit your game early (if you want) - youā€™ll still be able to edit until the deadline :slight_smile:

8 Likes

can i still enter @grazer

2 Likes

You can still enter, the deadline is Jan 15th Flowjam

5 Likes

You can make a game anytime you want within the timeframe. So you are still good until the deadline hits.

3 Likes

how long does it take for him to select a winner?

1 Like

This is my first flowjam so idk, but grazer reviews the games on the 15th

2 Likes