Ok, hear me out

@grazer Sorry to bother but I know you said one of the future updates would be a sprite update, so I was wondering if you would be adding behaviors like Skew and Layer Order, since a lot of people have been asking for it. It would also be nice to have basic behaviors for background objects, like size, animation, position, and the as mentioned Skew.

6 Likes

I know blurring is hard but that’d be good too.

3 Likes

1 Like

hey, we got a huge update not too long ago, and grazer did say that a sprite editor update is up next.

1 Like

Do you mean an anti-aliasing option, cause that would be an excellent feature on here! Also, color-contingent bucket and copy-paste features would be really useful as well…

But, grazer does already have a list for requests like this, I just don’t know how to find it.

1 Like

There already is a copy and paste feature. The paper icon and clipboard icon is copy and paste. Which I actually never used this until haevoc showed me. And yes I mean haevoc.

1 Like

He meant like copying a part of a sprite and pasting it to another part of the sprite

3 Likes

Imagine Piskel, and that’s what I mean.

1 Like

I recommend checking out the Trello for behavior request, but I’m pretty sure that the sprite update mentioned is just focused on the sprite editor itself. Ideas on the new sprite editor is also in the Trello.
https://trello.com/b/AFT6XXzR/flowlab-bug-reports-and-feature-requests

1 Like

Lol, I don’t have a trello account and trello hates me. I haven’t been on there in years.

@DarkStar_Studios yes that’d be epic!!! I don’t know the technical terms (insert dev art meme here) but I used graining gradients to make a blurring. I’d use this to blur all non-UI blocks for my Till We Have Faces game, when you’re doing the combination lock and similar items.

1 Like

Oh no here comes the “go on trello” message
Nooo I don’t have a tactical nuke meme for jr
Thinks intensely on how to stall him

1 Like
Satire

Good for you…?
A trello account isn’t needed to look at public boards, and it has been updated a lot of the past few years. Its a good tool to map out ideas and lists, and I use it myself to make games for the Flowjams.

Back to the topic, Grazer puts ideas and updates onto Trello. If you have a behavior request, ideas, or bugs, I recommend looking at Flowlabs Trello board first.

It crashed my computer really bad last time I used it. I know it’s been updated, but really this great community is good enough for me. I don’t need a clone.

@MrMcMemerMan I agree, pasting sprites would be useful!

1 Like

Clone?.., trello is not a community…
It just shows what Grazer plans to do, it’s why I use it to make my flowjam games…

1 Like

Ok then I might look into it again… After I get another antivirus lol.

@grazer, could you add an anti-aliasing function if you haven’t indirectly added it in yet with the HD specifications? Thanks!

1 Like

Hmmmm… This seems a little unecessary, it’s totally possible with current flowlab sprites. Am I missing something? I probably am.

1 Like

Doing it manually takes loads of time, especially on larger sprites. This is why I think an automatic version would be beneficial, because it saves loads of time and makes harder things less of an obstacle to overcome. If this is done enough, then it’s quicker to get the game out there looking good.

1 Like