Old Super Mario Bros. Feedback/Update List

@rcreger
You like what a lot more? The slopes?

Basically all you have updated so far @Crigence ! It makes it more enjoyable!

The recode was a MAJOR success! Check the description for details!

That is fantastic @Crigence !

the number counter for the coins and the score is broken

Ivā€™e given the game its last update. The title has been changed and a notice has been added to the menu along with a button linking you to my Flowlab profile.

In-short: The game has been abandoned in-favor of my newer projects. (Although like past Crigence said, i feel like it was mostly done anyway!)

Thank you to all of those who supported the game as it was being developed and i hope you will all follow me along with me to my newer endeavors!

~Crigence

https://forum.flowlab.io/discussion/6963/bounce-jam-feedback-update-list#latest

Iā€™d like to announce that Old Super Mario Bros. is getting a soft-remake!
Super_Mario_Bros._Logo

Iā€™m going to be rewriting the gameā€™s code from the ground-up to bring the game up to modern standards (Or at least MY modern standards). Hereā€™s the progress ivā€™e made so far:

*Changed title back to Old Super Mario Bros.
*Began recoding Marioā€¦ For the third time now
*Completely recoded the goombas. All the junk code from before is now gone
*Completely recoded both ? Block types and laid the ground-work for block-specific items down-the-road. Invisible blocks are now barely visible when unhit
*The main-menu now has a recreation of 1-1 from the original Super Mario Bros. in it, with some Old Super Mario Bros. additions added in for good measure!
*The invisible ? Block now only has collsion when hit from below until you actually hit it. Needless to say, itā€™s impressive tech-wise and matches the real invisible ? Blocks!
*Completely recoded the coins
*Completely recoded the gust flower (Marioā€™s new code made it FAR simpler)
*Completely ā€œrecodedā€ the brick block (Although in this case, i actually did a pretty good job the first time so all i had to do was just remove the junk code)
*Coins now slide out of ? Blocks instead of teleporting out (Seems unimpressive, until you realize Iā€™m the first one to implement this into their Flowlab Mario game)
*Completely recoded the No-Collide blocks to use a superior HTML5-compatible method of cloaking, They also now have leave a cool effect behind while cloaking!

Some sound-effects will be missing and some things may still be buggy, but you can check on how the remaster is coming along by going to the games original URL here!

2 Likes

A lot of returning of the kings for sure XD

Even Johnny boy came back

1 Like

Jesus Christ, whatā€™s next, sup3r87 updates GalacticoS?

2 Likes

No, the best would be Grazer reveals heā€™s [REDACTED] which I canā€™t tell u
Also I suspect @grazer is Dream lol

1 Like

I just want to say that grazer put ban on using the f bomb and any other source of curse words must be at least censored or not said at all.

3 Likes