Personal Sprite Library

@grazer I got a request… can you create a “personal library” that we can save created sprites to? I would like to be able to use certain sprites in multiple games and would like to avoid re-creating them every time.

I know we can upload images but I think I’m to simple to figure out the new uploading system and the image seem to be too big to upload now. Not sure if anyone else is having similar issue, but a “personal library” would definitely help me, and I assume others as well.

6 Likes

This would be an upgrade to the Browse feature. I thought of something like this before but never posted it.

3 Likes

I just take my sprites and save them to my files on my computer. That is a good idea though that would make creating games faster and more affective. But maybe should the feature be only to indie? I do not know.

3 Likes

You can save the sprites on your computer, but if he did add a personal library the data would be stored on the server, and doing that for every player would probably lower the performance of the games.

3 Likes

I think this is a reasonable request, I’ve been thinking for a while about how to potentially share game objects (sprites, logic, etc) between games and possibly even between developers.

I’m a little bummed to hear that the upload isn’t working working well for you though - I was trying to focus on making it easier to use and more flexible, so if it seems more complicated then that’s a huge failure on my part.

Can you give me an idea of why or how it’s not working so I can try to improve or simplify it?

4 Likes

Don’t be too bummed, it is quite possible I’m not doing it right, and I haven’t spent that much time on it either. I think the image it too big and I can see the scrollbars to adjust it.

3 Likes

Well, my goal is to make it understandable without having to study it too hard.

The scrollbars allow you to make the sprite dimensions bigger and smaller. You can drag the handle at the image bottom right to fit the uploaded image into the sprite the way you want.

4 Likes

Another request… Can you add a sideways input to the velocity block? It would work just like the forward, but -/+ would go left/right in relation to forward rotation. Does that make sense?

1 Like

I like this idea but i wouldnt want it if it slows down bandwitdh

3 Likes

… it’s loaded like the website, only bandwidth would be if your making a multiplayer game…

3 Likes

It basically would treat the objects set forward (right, left, up, or down) as it’s true north, thus any negative number sent to the “sideways” input would move it left and positive number would move it right, relative to it’s true north.

1 Like

I know you’re requesting it as a feature, but in the meantime, you can do this with code; it involves some trigonometry but it’s definitely possible (referring to the sideways velocity thing)

1 Like

I was talking about the personal sprite library.

My response is the same, it would just need to load more on the loading screen. Bandwidth is to keep a stable connection like muliplayer.

1 Like

oh ok

1 Like