Pikmin carry and pathfinding

i need help with my pikmin game, i want my pikmin to carry the pellet to the onion to make more but i dont know how to. everything i tried didn’t work. please help

2 Likes

Please give a link to the game.

1 Like

Flowlab Game Creator - Pikmin 5 (WIP) @Coofin @DeadlyGumChewer

1 Like

You could make it point at the onion and move forwards. The thing is, you need a switch that turns it on when it collides with a pellet. The “in” on the switch should be attached to an always behavior, the “on” switch should be attached with a collision set to pellet, and off should be when it collides with the onion.

You might also need a switch that’s on the onion making it only emit a pikmin when the pikmin has a pellet. Another thing you might need is a switch that turns off the pikmins movement towards olimar when the pikmin gets a pellet.

A lot of switches. :grimacing: :saluting_face:

1 Like

This is kind of bad. The Pikmin probably could crash into any random wall and get stuck. If you wanted this to work you’d have to have barely any walls to reduce the chances of the Pikmin getting stuck.

So, @Arcademaker to make your Pikmin AI better than nintendo’s Pikmin 1 AI we could create invisible blocks that could lead to the onion or something which the pikmin would follow 1 by 1. I can’t develop an example for this at the moment but this idea was inspired by 1 of the enemy follow examples where the player would make an invisible trail from where they were moving and the enemy would follow it.

1 Like

and how would i do that?

1 Like

nevermind i found a way.

1 Like

Don’t revive topics unless it is relevant to the conversation please.

1 Like

sorry that was my freind

1 Like

WHAT I DO??? :frowning: hvfgv