Pixel Sports Devlogs

Hmmm the “metaninja” sounds awesome! My oc is “skrewbolt”! I don’t mention him much, but he’s basically he’s justa robot built out of tools instead of with tools (he has a wrench head, his fingers are skrewdrivers, he has many more tools I don’t have the patience to type)

1 Like

Devlog 11/13/2020

(Off-Topic)

It’s Friday the 13th, so if you see a guy with a hockey mask and a manchette somewhere in the forest, remember to just run and never look back. And don’t wander into graveyards. That’s the worst hiding spot you can pick. Of course, that’s just because it’s an empty field of gravestones and ghosts. And possibly zombies. Lots of zombies. They can pop up out of nowhere. What were we talking about again? Oh yeah, Friday the 13th. Yeah, I am currently hiding in a graveyard with undead monsters chasing me.

But before they catch me, we should probably get on with the devlog, should we? I’m not sure what I should talk about in this devlog. I sort of ran out of ideas. Maybe talk about the outfits? Yes, let’s talk about the outfits in the game.

• Tuxedo: For one of the cheapest outfits of the game, I wanted to make a simple outfit that would still stand out from the rest. Almost as if it was a professional outfit. The first thing that came to mind was a tuxedo.
  • Pilot: As said in one of the fun facts, a plane heist was going to be one of the gamemodes before reaching the Final Boss. So the pilot outfit would have been the perfect outfit for that gamemode. Unfortunately, for some reason, the gamemode absolutely broke the game so badly that you couldn’t even do so much as enter the title screen without crashing several times over. I never found out why, although some people who I talked to during this problem said it was probably because the plane was too big. It wasn’t that big. Only 5x5 tiles.
  • Country Flags: I wanted to make some outfits that resembled country flags. I wanted to unite all of the people who played this game and give them a sense that we are all part of the same community. The current country flags in the game are Brazil, the United States, and the United Kingdom.
  • Golden: Have you ever wondered how awesome it would be if you had the Midas Touch? Probably not because having the Midas Touch would ruin your life. So I found an alternative: why don’t you turn yourself into gold instead of everything else? Modern problems require modern solutions.
  • Ninja: I am a fan of ninjas. You should already know this by now since my avatar is a ninja. So why not add something that I love into the game? Okay, maybe stuff I actually have rights over, like a ninja outfit. The outfit was originally going to be all grey, but I turned it blue because the Red Cubes also equip Ninja outfits.
  • MetaNinja: MetaNinja is a nickname/username I gave myself so that I don’t have to put my real name out there in the internet. Again, modern problems require modern solutions. Anyways, the style of MetaNinja, as well as my avatar, is reminiscent of a character I made up: the Dark Ninja. Nobody knows who the Dark Ninja truly is. Some say he is the guardian of the universe. Others say that he is the spirit of a man who was killed by an evil professor. Whatever his origins may be, the Dark Ninja and his allies fight for world peace and to vanquish all evil. Kind of an ironic name for a hero: Dark Ninja. Sounds like an evil guy doing heroic things. Regardless, the Dark Ninja DOES appear as a boss in Pixel Sports (in the future, though), but he is not evil. He just thinks that you are evil, since you would fight him in the cursed dimension, but if you just show him that you are on his side, he is not going to want to hurt you. Although he doesn’t speak, so who knows what he really thinks of you.
  • Galaxy: Space is beautiful, so I wanted to make an outfit about it. Maybe it is the home of the Dark Ninja? Ah no, the Cursed Dimension is his home.
  • LGBTQ Pride: This outfit was first made to celebrate a major landmark LGBTQ Rights court case that was made in early Summer 2020. I also made the outfit to show my appreciation for one of my friends. I made the outfit as cheap as humanly possible.
  • Future Outfits: Three upcoming outfits include a skull and two legacy outfits, one showing a formerly existing outfit, and the other showing what the player used to look like: a Chess Pawn!

Ah, thank goodness, the Dark Ninja defeated the monsters. Whelp, I hope I don’t run into any of those guys anymore! Ciao!

3 Fun Facts

1. There used to be a water stage in the game. Now water is coming back in a future gamemode and in Pixel Sports Dungeons.
  2. Pixel Sports Dungeons was inspired by the dungeons from Angry Birds Epic. Jeez, I miss that game. Call me childish, this game was a big part of my early childhood.
  3. When water was first added into the game, the Purple Block would turn it red on touch.

That’s all for now! Come back next Friday for some more devlogs.
And wow, the next Friday the 13th isn’t here until next August.

4 Likes

Angry birds epic was epic

1 Like

It was, indeed. Too bad they took it out of the App Store and Google Play Store. I still have it somehow, they never deleted the game entirely.

1 Like

Wait they took off Angry Birds epic, man. I played that game years ago and I was stuck on the last level. I could never beat it, lol.

At least you can still get Angry Bird Transformers.

2 Likes

Devlog 11/19/2020

So once again, I have nothing to talk about, but I am going to show you all the new Galaxian Games Intro:

galaxian-games-intro-pixilart

And in case you’re wondering about those symbols between the words “Galaxian” and “Games”, it is a secret language that only I and one other person can understand. In this specific situation, it translates to Galaxian Games.

This intro will likely only appear after the Beta 1.7 update that I am still working on.

3 Fun Facts

1. Try right-clicking in the title screen for an easter egg.
  2. Jump Juice and Frenzy Fruits can be pushed around by the Red Cube.
  3. A bug that once existed allowed you to score from the top of the goal.

That’s all for now! Come back next Friday for more Devlogs, and r.i.p. Angry Birds Epic.

2 Likes

Finally, after three months…

metaninja-pixilart

The Dark Ninja’s animations have been finished. Now next up is the Void Dragon… Oh no…
It looks like Beta 1.7 might come very soon. :slightly_smiling_face: We’ll see…

1 Like

Devlog 11/26/2020

Thanksgiving is here. I hope you all have a fun and healthy thanksgiving feast with your families. And also look at this recently completed sprite art of the Void Dragon.
VoidDragon2

That’s all for now! Happy Thanksgiving!!

2 Likes

im sick (no, i dont have covid) so i wont be able to taste food…great for me!!! :DDD

Oof, that’s really rough. Get well soon!

1 Like

Thank you so much! I hope I do too LOL.

oh haha, i was a bit confused about the thanksgiving thing. turns out here in canada thanksgiving is in october, and in the U.S. it’s november. that’s something i didn’t know.

OOF, i did not know that LOL. Arent we in 2 totally different time zones?

That was so nice! (the LGBTQ one) Sorry if this is weird or anything but im the B in LGBTQ. Also sorry for the late comment xD, but i love the other outfits!!!

2 Likes

yup, it’s 7:45 for me rn.

Devlog 12/3/2020

So I’ve decided to conduct a small survey. I could just use Google Forms, but doing it directly here is easier for me. So here is the survey:

Of the available features in Pixel Sports, which is your favorite? Only 3 options may be selected.

• Soccer
  • American Football
  • Hockey
  • Golf
  • Basketball
  • Daily Boss
  • Secret Story
  • Campaign Mode

0 voters

How would you rate Pixel Sports? (1 = terrible, 5 = amazing, 3 = neutral)

0 voters

If you were on the development team (hypothetically), what features would you add, remove, or recommend? Response must be written as a reply to this comment.

There are also a few more announcements I need to make.

1. Development for Pixel Sports will halt temporarily from December 12 - December 30. This is due to education reasons, such as exams, and medical reasons, which will be severe enough to force me in bed for a week or so.
  2. On December 18th, 2020, a new upcoming game by GalaxianGames will be announced. It is going to be one of the most ambitious projects I have worked on.

That’s all for now! Come back next Friday for more devlogs.

1 Like

To be honest, the story is one of the best stories I’ve ever heard on flowlab, but the gameplay is…meh.

ncp’s use the sheild bomb too much

i dont even know what ncp stands for

maybe “noclip computer player”?

or is the word npc?

Just to clarify: the Red Cube should only throw 5 shield bombs per game, just like the player, and they throw it often to combat the deathmatch. If they throw any more than that, then that is a bug (and my bad).

By the way, thank you both for your participation so far. And the word is NPC, Non-player Controlled.