Pixel Sports Devlogs

Good afternoon, everyone! How are you all? :grinning:

The main Pixel Sports discussion was growing really big, which to me is amazing. I can see that the game has progressed over these past one and 11/12 years. I want to discuss a little bit more about how Pixel Sports came to be, such as where ideas come from, what I do with scrapped ideas, and basically share some fun facts about the game. I may even show some sneak-peaks or behind-the-scenes here and there, and share at least 3 fun facts about the game.
I could have just done this in the Pixel Sports’ main discussion, but I wanted to focus more on posting game updates and have people talk about this game and share feedback. This discussion is more focused on game design. Plus, I don’t want to flood the main discussion and have newer users have to dig through pages of “Did You Know?” and behind-the-scenes, just to look at the patch notes. Also, keep in mind that I will not tag anybody unless I want to give credit or if I want to respond to their comments.

I will be posting devlogs on this discussion every Friday (the only exception is this week, where the devlog will be posted this Thursday). If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

WARNING: This discussion may contain spoilers about Pixel Sports’ upcoming features and currently existing ones! Please read with caution.

1 Like

Devlog 9/17/2020

Since this is the first devlog, I’ve decided to keep it small and simple with just a few screenshots from Pixel Sports, some taken really far back in time!
Flowlab Game Creator - Pixel Sports - Google Chrome 7_4_2020 11_32_48 AM

Flowlab Game Creator - Pixel Sports - Google Chrome 4_3_2020 8_26_07 PM

3 Fun Facts:

1. When it was first created, Pixel Sports had chess pieces as characters. Thus, the game would have been “Chess Sports”. However, the idea was changed to Cubes as characters because Chess and sports didn’t go together very well in my head
  2. Pixel Sports used to have animated outfits that changed throughout the seasons. The last time animated outfits were used was June 2019, before they were removed entirely.
  3. The Pixel Sports title screen was changed almost 5 times! When it was first created, Pixel Sports didn’t have a title screen.

That’s all for now! Come back next Friday for more devlogs.

The second devlog is here! This one is a bit smaller since there isn’t much going on with Pixel Sports at the moment, but there is a Halloween event that is about to happen that will last until the end of October. The world of Pixel Sports will transform during this event.

3 Fun Facts:

1. From October 2018 to June 2019, so called “seasons” would play out, where players had a limited time to equip unique animated outfits. However, that was before Pixel Sports became as popular as it is now, and the seasons trend ended in less than a year.
  2. If players are lucky enough, they can get emeralds from the daily loot. This is very rare, however.
  3. Clicking on Boris in the Outfit Shop can make him say other lines other than greeting the player.

That’s all for now! Come back next Friday for more devlogs.

1 Like