Please help me with easing deceleration

Yeah, probably. I used that on my other speed bundle. The X and Y velocities had dozens of decimal points.

1 Like

By the way, you should try out ease, it is one of the best behaviors. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m making a new car movement bundle using ease now. Itā€™s SO darn easy!!

2 Likes

Yup, I love ease. I canā€™t believe you havent really used it! :slight_smile:

Yeah, is just sets a value between 2 points. It can be used for speed, moving objects between 2 points, altering size or alpha, etc. literally anything where you change between 2 numbers

2 Likes

How do I make deceleration with ease? Iā€™m having a bit of trouble. If someone could help, that would be awesome. (Iā€™ll PM the link, if I havenā€™t already.)

Iā€™m really busy with the Flowjam near the end, but you can either just do a traditional slowdown of decreasing the number, or ease it by setting current velocity to 0
(From Current Velocity, To 0)
And youā€™d probably want to increase the time the faster youā€™re going. Itā€™s honestly is probably simpler to just do it how youā€™d regularly do it, that way you donā€™t have to worry about crashing into a wall and it still moving you forward because the ease is still active

4 Likes

If you do need some help with ease, I can see what I can do too.

2 Likes

I use to use timers that add value to numbers instead of using eases since I didnā€™t know how they worked back then. The only downside to that is you can only Mimic linear acceleration. So if your vehicle is speeding up, you gain speed really quickly at first, but then you slowly level out when you hit the limit. This wouldnā€™t be achievable with a timer.

So I will say that eases are incredibly useful.

3 Likes

Well, Iā€™ll move this to the help requests category.

You already have a link, so you can see the code.

I need a way to make deceleration, using ease or not.

1 Like

Oy, this is really hard. Itā€™s a new behavior, and I canā€™t find out how to use it for this. So, unless someone else can find a way to do it, Iā€™m just going back to Flying Fajitaā€™s way.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s an option in the ease behavior to do it in reverse. or you can just start with a high number and end with a low number. In your case we need 2 eases. One for acceleration and one for deceleration.

1 Like

I did reverse and it went straight to 100. I guess I couldā€™ve I fixed that, but I canā€™t find out how to do the rest.

1 Like

Iā€™ll try to make an example after I finish this HW assignment.

Yeah, its much more complicated to use ease for this than you think. But it still could be done, maybe even more compacted then my system. I didnā€™t put much thought into it, used the simplest one

1 Like

Your system works just fine, if not better. Iā€™ll need to use the base for the bases of all of the ten cars in my game, and itā€™s way easier to edit the speed with your system.

Well, if you have the coordanites in the ease, you can reverse it. Let me look at my examplesā€¦