Please help me with easing deceleration

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know how to make deceleration using ease? I already have acceleration.

Thanks,
-Ember.Y

1 Like

but you can extract velocity? I don’t know what a speedometer is though so I’m just guessing.

1 Like

A speedometer is a gauge on the dashboard of a vehicle that shows you the speed you are currently going.

1 Like

I meant a new update for the extractor that lets the user extract the foreword velocity.

1 Like

Forward? You probably can use the actual speed at which the car is moving instead of configuring it’s X and Y velocity, cause then you’ll need to find the slope and the speed at which it’s moving.

If you’re using the Velocity behavior with Eases to increase the speed value, just use that number coordinates do the arm rotation to find out the correct speed the car is actually moving.

3 Likes

I’m not using ease, never have. I’m just using Flying Fajita’s racecar movement.

Ease is incredibly easy to use.

3 Likes

So I’ve heard. How am I supposed to use it for the movement though?

You could use it to increase speed over time. You just choose a number to start it with and then choose a number to end it with and choose how many seconds it will increase and decrease. And you can choose the style it’ll work like if you want the value to bounce as it increases or something.

1 Like

Wait, does that mean I can set a max speed and minimum speed JUST LIKE THAT?! No Filters, no timers?!

Yeah. I used Ease for the boss switch transition in Killer Kindness.

1 Like

This is basically ease but more complicated. I did that too but it was incredibly unefficient. Then I figured out how simple ease was and now I don’t have to waste my time.

1 Like

NO WAY! NO WAY! NO WAY!

Wait a sec,

NO WAY!!!

1 Like

Why didn’t anyone tell me about this earlier?!

1 Like

I think when I first started using ease like maybe in September of 2023 I mentioned how amazing it was and how time wasting the Filters N’ Timers trick was.

1 Like

@JR01 has an speedometer bundle. Let me see if I can find it…

2 Likes
2 Likes

Ok, that’s EPIC. WHY DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS?! Hooowwwww?!

1 Like

Ok, I’m making racecar movement 2.0!

You might want to use the ‘round to nearest integer’ on a number though. Unless you want your racecar to go 4.8 mph?

1 Like