Plymouth Entertainment - SOL [GHOST GUNNER - OUT NOW!]

NEW FREE SONG - "The Odd Song"

As the title suggests, this one is a bit “odd” sounding, to the say the least. It’s also the longest song I’ve made in a while, almost hitting the 4 minute mark, mostly due to it being kinda slow. Still debating if it should be part of the POND album though, since it breaks away a LOT from the general theme of the album. Anyways:

“The Odd Song” (FREE; Slow; Eerie; Atmospheric)

Cheers!

6 Likes

nice stuff you’ve made here! good to listen to while working on projects.

4 Likes

SOL - MINOR COMBAT UPDATE

1. Made a new player attack cursor
  2. Added animation for the cursor:
    Player.UI_AttackAnim
  3. Attack sound FX glitch fixed
  4. Added an attack cool down to fix some sound and animation issues (.4 second delay)
  5. Added sound FX to the attack cursor.
  6. Updated the attack sound effect to only play when the animation is able to play (when on the ground. The cursor sound FX play whether on ground or in air/wall slide)

I think I’ll be starting work on hitbox and hitbox spawners for combat next - which means enemies may begin being added if I can figure out a decent system for them:D I also need to get to work on some backgrounds at some point because it’s just been a flat orange for a while now lol

I’m also planning on making another update video for SOL on the cregerBot YouTube once I’m back home for Christmas break!

Anyways, cheers! Stay tuned!

NOTE: I think I’m almost done with the latest free music album, POND. Not sure if they’ll be out before Christmas, though. I’m hoping to be able to make animations to play over the music instead of static images, but we’ll see!

10 Likes

SOL - MINOR COMBAT UPDATE 2

1. Added attack hitbox spawner
  2. Added proper mouse tracking to attack hitbox spawner
  3. Spawner can now spawn hitboxes
  4. Adjusted attack hitbox speed and range
  5. Added dev tools to see spawner, attack hitboxes, and ground hitboxes (Pressing “M”)

Trying to figure out how I’m going to do the signiture speed attack from the previous version - I think it’s what I’m going to do next. Going to have to take a look at what I had did before:D

Anyways, a pretty small update, but an update nonetheless! Cheers!

8 Likes

SOL - MINOR SOUNDFX UPDATE

1. Added player death sound effect
  2. Added sound effect into proof of concept project
  3. Broke down sound effect by important beats (2) to allow more access to develop a stronger animation and effect during deaths.

Here is the beepbox link to hear the sound effect:

Cheers!

6 Likes

The Turkey Route - Ghost Gunner

5 Likes

Started work on the POND free album videos - and they’re going to be animated! Trying out a different style than usual. It’s still technically pixel art, but there is a twist. You’ll have to see:D

10 Likes

Been helping @sup3r87 for a bit now for the soundtrack for the game NOITCIDDA!

Hope you all enjoy, and thank you sup3r87 for giving me the opportunity to work with you! Cheers!

9 Likes

Big thanks for contributing music to the project! Really enhances the experience, and thanks for putting up with all my nitpicks lol xD

5 Likes

I can’t play the game(for previous reasons) so can I just listen to the music? (:

3 Likes

A lot of them are variations of the same theme with different twists. Here’s the three tracks I did for it (not for free use for obvious reasons):

Menu Theme - BeepBox

Game Theme - BeepBox

Ending Theme - BeepBox

Cheers!

2 Likes

SOL - PROGRESS SCREENSHOTS

It’s been a while since I’ve shown anything of the SOL project, and there’s been a few updates since the last update video was published. So, here’s a few previews:

Anyways, cheers!

NOTE: Foreground object sprites by @glowbug

12 Likes

Can we get a beta?
or a demo?
or somethin?
anything?
@rcreger

1 Like

There will be one - I’ve been working on this on and off, so even though there is a decent amount to show, it isn’t nearly enough to garner a demo. My idea for the demo is the whole intro and maybe the first chapter of the game. That said, I still haven’t add proper enemies yet lol It’s going to take a while because of life stuff and the fact that this project is a hobby at the moment.

If I had funding, I would have had this out by last year XD I apologize for any inconvenience

5 Likes
For @rcreger ONLY
Are you @rcreger ? if not leave

Psst @rcreger can you send me the link to SOL i’ll look at stuff give feedback
and stuff, i’ll be a beta tester…
S O J U S T S E N D T H E L I NK

1 Like

I honestly haven’t given the game out to really anyone except my very small dev team (literally just me and one other lol). The project is very much under wraps, and I think I honestly show a lot right now compared to other game development notes.

However, I do plan on making another update video on my YouTube (here it is if you want to look it up) once there is a little more content to show from the last update. For now, you can view the previous update from a few months ago, but I’m afraid I won’t be letting the SOL link out anytime soon:/

5 Likes

(Visisble disapointment)

1 Like

Congrats to @Greggo , great to see it doing so well:D Can’t wait for the next updates!

5 Likes

ROYALTY FREE POND ALBUM - COMING SOON!

You heard that right! I finally got finished with the videos for the upcoming royalty free album, POND. This is probably one of my favorite track compilations from the royalty free series, being a much slower, nostalgic sounding theme taking inspiration from the OST of A Silent Voice.

All that needs to be done is preparation for the videos (description, upload, etc.) and putting them out there. Before that, I need to find a date to do so! I will be keeping you all updated on this thread when the next album drops and will post a link for you to access it:D

So stay tuned! Cheers!

New Piskel (1)

10 Likes

Excited about it! I enjoyed listening to the previous albums and can’t wait to hear this one!

3 Likes