Plymouth Entertainment - SOL [GHOST GUNNER - OUT NOW!]

Thanks for the mini-reviews - they were really insightful! Good thing the morals went through for you XD I feel like a number of people may have missed them.

As for A Little Evil, that’s my first game, outside of the Plymouth brand (hence why the poll says favorite Plymouth/rcreger game). You can try it out. I did not understand Flowlab nearly at all back then and you can tell…

1 Like

I’ve only played A - Box so I’ll play the others to judge them and then vote :slight_smile:

4 Likes

DEVELOPMENT UPDATE - EFFECTS

After a lot of trial and error, I managed to get a properly working screen shake system along with the smooth camera (it was posing some difficulty because it was a smooth camera on both axis) as well as more particle effects on jumping. Both of the newly added effects put a lot more much needed emphasis on the jumping in the game.

Along with this, I’ve also worked a little bit more on the enemies, though nothing substantial enough to be able to call it an “update”.

Stay tuned for any further updates!

8 Likes

Are any poems aloud in here even ones not by you?

Well of course they’re aloud, but only the ones coming out by @rcreger are actually going to be game canon.

1 Like

oh ok nice ( i can make a poem yay, i can make a poem yay!)

i always get @Crigence @browngr and @rcreger mixed up for some reason xD

4 Likes

When I first joined the forums I always got crigence and rcreger mixed up since their names both have r’s and c’s in them lol. But I was able to recognize them overtime especially rcreger since he helped make awesome characters for my game and supported the project from the beginning.

2 Likes

haha lowkey honoured that you’d get me mixed up with those two haha

5 Likes

Really appreciate that XD but honestly, Brown has been putting his all into HAKK3R 2, and that has got me excited. Crigence had already got me in for a little info, and I have to so it seems pretty cool:)

3 Likes

Okay, first off - the poll is closed! And by the looks, A-Box won the majority, with A Boy in Armor surprisingly very close behind (I wasn’t expecting that, to be completely honest). Thank you all for the feedback!

Anyways, another production update…

MANY IN ONE - PRODUCTION UPDATE

So, I had found an issue that I wasn’t able to figure out. The issue was that the smooth camera only had worked in the first, main test level, and wouldn’t continue to work in the second test level (for enemies) for some reason, and resulted in me having to create a whole new camera. So, I made myself a solution:

Each time a new room is required, the screen will fade to black and the location of the player will change - without being noticed. After a second or two, the screen will become visible again. This will allow me to fit several levels in one. This may have to change depending on the level, however. For example, the camera may need to act different in one level than another. I could just make a certain level’s walls bigger for this, but I’m seeing if I can bypass that if I can.
This would also mean I’d have to figure out how to optimize the game well through this. I will most likely just disable animations and particles (whether or not you are using the performance mode) outside a certain proximity.
Just to mention, the demo that I’ll release will not have a performance feature since it will be smaller in scale - that, and a main menu is not even begun it’s development. Saying this, the demo will also be moved back into SUMMER 2021. This may actually not effect the actual game’s release, though, and is still being aimed toward 2023.

Also, reminder - Thoughtful Sol Sunday is coming up again, soon! Keep an eye out!

8 Likes

cool, can’t wait for thoughtful sol sunday. and if you need a x and y smooth camera bundle still, i have one

1 Like

Thanks for the offer - but I figured that out :sweat_smile: the issue I had was that the player camera would not continue to follow the player when in a different level other than the original one. But I should be alright XD

1 Like

Why 2023…

1 Like

Awesome news! Any concept art you can post / repost?

1 Like

To answer @Electronic_Studio 's question - I estimated 2023 because I’m currently very busy. That date, however, does not take into account vacations, breaks, etc. It’s just a loose deadline I gave myself:)

And @The_Kodex , I may show some small level design and some dev notes as well at some point. Though I can’t really reveal when I will;) it is on the table, though

3 Likes

I see…
Are you busy with sol or something else if I may ask?

1 Like

Both, actually XD busy life

2 Likes

OwO
I see

1 Like

THOUGHTFUL SOL SUNDAY -#002

Hello, everyone, to the second TSS! This one is going to be a little different - I have given an interview to @theglitch055 about his upcoming game remake, Porky’s Nightmare ! I took interest in the game and it’s development, so I took it upon myself to ask some questions for you and me!

PLYMOUTH: What influence from your previous games has helped you so far in the development of the remake? What are some things you think you improved on?

GLITCH: the thing my previous games taught me is to not have a BIG for your game, it will lead to nothing but frustration and eventually quitting. The things I think I improved on were the visuals, and you don’t even have to take my word for it as you can see below:

Screenshot 2020-12-04 at 1.24.49 PM

P: What are some aspects from your previous projects that you implemented into this game? Or is this something completely new?

G: Well, [Porky’s Nightmare] was actually the same game for my FNAF fan game that I cancelled. Porky’s new design was made using my character, Banjo, as a base (which unfortunately can not see, since the file for the character is gone now). Other than that the camera system was one, at first I was using an attachment for it but that came with it’s own set of problems. However, I realized a remnant of the previous project that saved the [Porky’s Nightmare Remake]. In this case, building it off the cancelled project saved it.

P: Considering the cancelled project, how similar was the vision for that compared to the current state of Porky’s Nightmare?

G: My original concept kept getting “scrambled”, so I’m going to spare the details and say it was similar art-wise - as in some of the art included was from the cancelled project. As a result, it was forced to have the same style, especially since Porky was built from Banjo’s design.

P: Is there a story in Porky’s Nightmare? If so, is it told outright towards the player, or is it implied (through clues)?

G: Yes, there’s juicy lore. It’s not told outright, but I plan to imply it through mini-games and other means.
I may be the core, the source, yet my eyes are glued closed. I won’t go back to sleep

P: How difficult has the development for Porky’s Nightmare been so far? Was it easier or harder than previous games? How ambitious is it?

G: At first, it was meant to be small so I could a demo out early, but then decided that what I was going to do was much bigger than it was originally going to be. [It was harder than previous projects], I had to make some dicey code that I’m kinda glad I went with. Very ambitious.

P: Would you say this is your biggest, or most ambitious, game yet? What does this mean for your future games?

G: Though I don’t have much of answer for the first part, I have one for the second. My future games are going to be more controlled by the community, but if the request destroys the foundation [of the future project], it can’t be added.

P: What inspired you to remake/remaster Porky’s Nightmare - another user’s game (@MetaNinja)? What is it like working on someone else’s creation, and improving on it?

G: I wanted to make a FNAF fan game, but couldn’t get any ideas for characters. Then thought of Porky’s Nightmare. Though it is stressful when GalaxianGames gives a comment on a poll or an idea. I kinda feel pressured to that particular thing.

P: What do you think will be the thing players will come to the game for?

G: Either to see some magic behind the code and object preserving 101, or see how to make this type of game themselves. For the game itself, I think it would be to see the art and visuals I took time on.

P: When the player leaves the game, what is something you hope they remember about it? What makes this game different from other people’s games on Flowlab?

G: I hope they remember the stress they undergo trying to fend off the animatronics. From my knowledge, it’s the only FNAF type game to include custom night (there will technically be a story mode added after release).

P: Last question: Do you think you will be adding onto the series (with Galaxian’s permission) in the future? Or is this a one time thing? Any further updates planned, or maybe happening, after release?

Glitch replied with: “yes and yes”. Take that as you will, the future of the game seems bright, too! Also know the release of Porky’s Nightmare is not too much further away as well, and is something I look forward to!

While there’s no Sol news on this TSS, just know development is moving strongly, and has the most attention to detail compared to any of my games SO FAR! Really proud where it’s heading:)

8 Likes