Plymouth Entertainment - SOL [GHOST GUNNER - OUT NOW!]

Imma put this on watching

1 Like

Gotta love bundles heh, I’ll let you know if I ever update it again. This was one of the many examples that I remade into a bundle for the bundle library.

2 Likes

It was really helpful, and really helped add that garnish for the attack style for the game, which honestly felt a little bland without it. Needed something to break the action to add a more defensive approach at a point, while also not being annoying.

You did a great job on the bundle, and it’s pretty compact and easy to work around already. I already edited it in some ways already, and it’s working still, so there’s a good sign XD Thanks for making these

2 Likes

Absolutely phenomenal! Reminds me of OneShot

3 Likes

Wait I thought you had a indie acc already-

1 Like

Thanks @Crigence! Also, nice seeing you on again, been a while!

@Electronic_Studio nah, this is my first Indie account on Flowlab:/

1 Like

filmora X (20 chars)

1 Like

jking(20 characters)

1 Like

I’m confused by what that means XD

it means “joking” XD(

1 Like

Ah, I see it now XD thanks for clarifying

THOUGHTFUL SOL SUNDAY - #004

In case you didn’t notice, I’ve been working on trying to get music to work with the game (it’s surprisingly difficult!), and I’ve got a simple music-progression system working. It’s not random music, as originally thought of, but it’s functional. I’m planning to start making it so the sound fades in and out when transitioning levels. This is the first step for the sound and music design for Sol. The music that it currently has is for the ambience of the game, and is royalty free music (that can be commercially used) and will be the setting tone. I’m also currently asking others, if they can, to pitch in with their music skills for some ambient tones as well, and will be credited appropriately.

The current ambient tones are:

1. Grace by Hayden Folker
  2. Fernweh by Myuu
  3. Intervention by Scott Buckley
  4. Among Us by Myuu
  5. Kindness and Resonance by Naoya Sakamata

There will be more pieces, including my own, in the game. These pieces are mostly for the tone of the calm gameplay of the game, which is pretty difficult to nail in beepbox. Pieces for boss music, cinematics, fight music, etc. are still going to be used wherever they can be.

That’s all I have for this TTS, so thanks for tuning in! More updates, especially on the sound and music for Sol, will be coming up!

6 Likes

NEW SOL PRODUCTION UPDATE - AIR DASH AND MORE!

I finally got to installing the air dash feature! It has a few kinks, sometimes not responsive when you hit the movement keys while air dashing, and will act as a normal jump. However, the dash, particles, and screen shake attached to it seem to be very functional. I also managed to make a functional cool down bar in the top right corner. The air dash is mainly going to function as a mobility mechanic, to either run towards or away from enemies quickly. I’m also thinking about adding defensive mechanics as well.

Along with the air dash, the music swapping system is finished up now. Though I notice that the music could actually be a little annoying if you go through levels/sections quickly, so I’ll have to design some pacing for the music and levels when actually developing the demo (summer 2021) and game itself (sometime 2023).

More updates to come. Stay tuned!

6 Likes

Alright, I’m starting work on the menu and settings, so you can expect to start seeing some progress on music/sound settings, graphics (mainly particle) settings, and difficulty settings. Right now, the difficulty setting concept is that if you choose are above-base difficulty, enemies will have a shield, making it so you need to hit them more before you can actually take them out.

Currently, the menu is just a flashy start screen with a rotating gear that is before the actual menu. More features will be coming soon.

4 Likes

SOL UPDATE - MENU IN THE WORKS

This is the current layout of the Sol menu screen. Right now, it’s just the play button, but there’s a decent amount of inner working going on. Let’s just say, just right now, a LOT of alpha behaviors XD

I’ve also added another layer of filter for the camera, a “vignette” to add a much more darker tone as you can see in the image above, that is much more prominent during gameplay.

Along with this, I’ve improved the current health bar, also now with alpha, to give a living feel to it.

Anyways, as always, can’t wait to start revealing this to you guys. I’m starting to near proper production, which only a few more base things left to do for Sol. I’m expecting level design to be in production in the next couple of months. Stay tuned!..

5 Likes

That menu looks incredible! I also love the art but I think it’s just a bit too dark. Still, though, the layout and everything looks so good!

2 Likes

Thank you @Greggo! Yeah, I’m thinking that, too. I might make it so you could possibly tone it down in the graphics, when and if I can. Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

@rcreger logged in as my dev account, so could you message my sprite’s images to this account when you are done?

1 Like

NEW COMMUNITY MILESTONE CROSSED!

As of right now, this thread holds 500 comments, over 1.0k likes ( :open_mouth: ), and 3.3k views! That’s absolutely CRAZY, and to think I started this in September, and by the end of December we’ve managed to reach these numbers! Never before I would have thought to reach even close to 1.0k likes, and half the replies of one of my other biggest threads, Bored Reviews (which is still closed).

This would not be possible without you guys, absolutely astounding. Fist bump, y’all :fist_right:t2: :boom: :fist_left:t2:

9 Likes

Congratulations, @rcreger! =D

3 Likes