Plymouth Entertainment - SOL [GHOST GUNNER - OUT NOW!]

Some progress:)

Starting getting one of the puzzles set up - the combination locks! I’m trying to figure out how to make several different combinations to work with the same door (to conserve objects, of course), so it’ll still be a little while before that’s done. But progress either way!

4 Likes

hey guys look it’s a live action rcreger

[just putting in subtitles if people’s brains can’t handle the pure raw attractiveness before them]

7 Likes

Drugged up, puffed lipped and tired live action rcreger indeed

3 Likes

Okay, I’m going to start development again. I feel I am well enough to start updating and adding more content, so keep an eye out for anything major I might post. Thanks again for everyone’s patience so far, and your support:)

2 Likes

Yayyyyyyy
I will not eat mac and cheese before this,
I’ll drink tea while playing it… Does that make a difference?

2 Likes

If you read a light novel and have a biscuit along with it, I think it will count XD

4 Likes

NEW SOL UPDATE - MELEE ENEMY ANIMATION

Along with working on a basic puzzle and the health system, I also got a run animation for the melee-type enemy for the game finished. Let me know what you think:

Melee Enemy Type gif

Most normal enemies will have the following animations:

• Run
  • Attack (1-2 attacks and/or blocks)
  • Idle
  • Death
  • Jump (for certain enemies)

Thanks for tuning in! More updates to come in soon!

6 Likes

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM PLYMOUTH ENTERTAINMENT!

This year has been something else. A lot of tragic things happened this year, and it will take time to recover. That is not to say that everything wrong this year will end next year. 2020 is just a number. However, though things have been very rough on many of us this year, we do have one thing to hold onto: Hope. Something no one can take away from us. Not in the coldest nights. Not surrounded in the most choking crowds. Not even with towering giant viruses looming over us wherever we go. People in the past have dealt with much worse, and that’s how I know we’ll make it out of this alright.

Are you starving? Are you in a war zone right now? Has your house been burnt down? I’m sure many of us were blessed enough to be able to answer “no”. But if you are, hang in there. If you can see this, you probably can also start a gofundme, ask of help from others, etc. We have so many things people in the past did not. Take advantage of that. You’ll need it if you’re suffering in these troubling times.

Plymouth Entertainment is just me, rcreger. But, I don’t just say, “me”, or “I” when addressing things (usually) towards the community. That is because I consider everyone to be a part of Ply-Ent. You might not notice it, but you are. One comment, one topic, one like, that’s all it could take to make my day, and that’s something I’m really grateful about this year. The Flowlab community. I’m not sure when @grazer made this free online engine, that it would accompany many people through their lives, even changing them. Without this engine, I don’t know where I’d be right now. Definitely not inspired by game design and art, for sure. Everyone in this community, that I was around to be with, has made an impact in my work, at least once. To each of them, and you, thank you. I could not have done it without you guys.

This was a rough and tough year, yes. But, for me, it was a new beginning. I finished up A-Box this year, and I have since started working on Sol, which I have been so lucky enough to be able to garner this much attention for it on the community. Something I never could have imagined. You guys are truly something else. Bless you all, no matter your faith, race, origin, ethnicity, or orientation, bless you. Each and every one of you, have a fantastic day, and a Merry Christmas.

– From Plymouth Entertainment, to Plymouth Entertainment :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks @rcreger and what color palette are you using?

1 Like

Prob making it up as he gos but if I had to guess a bunch of browns blacks and yellows

2 Likes

Merry Christmas to you too @rcreger!

6 Likes

what he said basically

2 Likes

Hey @Frost - my color pallet for Sol is usually going to be browns, yellows, and blacks (as @theglitch055 said) , but there is variety in different areas. And no problem!

Also, thank you @MetaNinja!

2 Likes

INDIE ACCOUNT STATUS - ACQUIRED

Finally… After over 2 years… I now have an Indie account! You can expect more content for Sol, as well as more, smaller, games in the future before the release of Sol! Everyone enjoy your holiday! I’m certainly enjoying mine:D

8 Likes

yesssssss

Merry Christmas, then! I’m happy that you’ve gotten it, and I’m looking forward to your future projects ahead and before Sol! (=

3 Likes

Hey @rcreger you could try out the Steam Lords palette by Slynyrd https://lospec.com/palette-list/steam-lords

1 Like

I took a look - I might use it! Thanks for the recommendation:)

1 Like

DEVELOPMENT ADDITIONS

I’ve added a couple more things since I got the indie account so far today:

• Fade in pause menu with darkening background
  • The enemy fades away when dead
  • Puzzle door fades when opened
  • Sol can shoot up to 10 shots
  • Made it so when the shots run out, Sol recharges
  • You can press R to reload manually

(The reload feature was helped greatly due to @JR01’s example)

I plan on developing more on the puzzles soon, since there is a little issue. Currently, you can cycle through the colors, and once you get the right one, the doors unlocks. However, this can cause the puzzle to be cheated by just cycling through each of the combinations and getting through. My solution is:

Make it so the player has to press “enter” to confirm this is the color they want to use. If it is correct, there will be a “correct” animation for the sprite, and locking it so nothing else can be done with it. The player will then know they need to find the other two colors to complete the combination. Simple enough.

5 Likes

Nice this game sounds awesome!

1 Like

Thanks @Frost - putting a decent amount of time into this one, especially on the gameplay side. Can’t wait to be able to show you guys, really:)

1 Like