Plymouth Entertainment - SOL [GHOST GUNNER - OUT NOW!]

That looks like a good game menu and it will look even better if you imagine the play button the credits button and the logo on it.

1 Like

Holy crap; that logo looks extraordinary! I am sol looking forward to this game!!! (I’m not solry)

Makes me sad that I can’t do these big reveals yet; but just you wait! The day nears ever so close…

1 Like

The anticipation kills me XD

1 Like

The anticipation to see Sol kills me too! But when the day comes; I bet I’m gonna skip dinner just to play it, ngl XD

2 Likes

Might skip sleeping depending on how big it is lol

1 Like

I’ll be sure to release it after dinner then, just so you can have a full stomach of mac and cheese before playing!

2 Likes

lol I’m gonna put that down on a note; “Make sure to eat Mac & Cheese before playing Sol for the first time”

1 Like

Anyways, this goes for everyone!! XD

3 Likes

This is the only game topic that’s still active lol

1 Like

:laughing: XD

1 Like

Thank you, everyone, for checking out and supporting the release! I’m currently at work rn (not very fun during Christmas, ngl), but I’ll continue working on more updates soon! Keep an eye out!

2 Likes

THOUGHTFUL SOL SUNDAY #003

Welcome, to the third weekly TSS! It’s only five days until Christmas… Almost there, everyone! And with a new year coming on as well, I’d like to get some catching up done for how Sol is coming along, and it’s demo set for summer. Progress on the game has been pretty slow, so far. I’ve been very busy of late, especially with the holiday season. However, classes are out for about three weeks for me, so I should make a decent amount of progress in this time. This is the list of objectives I hope to have finished by the end of the holiday season:

1. At least one set of enemy animations
  2. Design the bullets and their FX
  3. Implement the melee and super attack for Sol
  4. Add at least one puzzle type
  5. Add more objects for scenery
  6. Start planning out the tutorial levels and blocks
  7. Have the level transitions and dialogue fully operational for the tutorial
  8. Design Sol’s health system
  9. Edit some of Sol’s animations
  10. Work on cutscene presentation

That’s my list right now, and hopefully I’ll be able to get to all of these - that’s what I’m aiming for, at least. The last two (#9 and 10) are the least likely to get even started on, but the others I have high hopes I can get done, or at least started.

Also, yes, there are going to be puzzles in Sol, but they’re a little different than what I’ve previously done. For instance, A-Box consisted of environmental puzzles. While Sol may also have these as well, these are going to focus more on progression, such as unlocking doors. The puzzles are going to be pretty simple, as the first concept is something like this:

The player will find the door is locked. There will be a UI that pops up when interesting with the door, looking similar to a traffic light. You can click the lights in certain areas to cycle through a set of colors, until you get the right combination. There will be hints throughout the puzzle areas of what the combination will be, but not all of them will be easy to go to. Once the correct combination is put in, the door will click open and the player can progress.

I have a couple other types planned, but that’s the main idea of how the puzzles will be. There will be a couple of special ones, though. Just to mix things up.

Anyways, thank you for tuning in for this TSS today! It was great to have you, and I hope you all have a great holiday!

7 Likes

very cool, have some choccy milk

2 Likes

:palms_up_together::open_mouth::cup_with_straw:

Thanks Glitch!!!

2 Likes

:chocolate_bar::milk_glass: There’s chocolate and milk, but no choccy milk sadly.

Also I hope you have a great holiday as well!

3 Likes

Thanks Maniac!

The chocolate and milk is still accepted XD

3 Likes

looks like you’ll be busy this holiday XD

try not to overwork yourself @rcreger

5 Likes

Thanks @F3Art ! I’ll do my best to not to XD

By the way, how’s the Halloween game coming along?

3 Likes

I haven’t made much progress recently, but i might be able to wrap it up soon. most things are already done, just not really put together yet. basically the reason it isn’t done is because i almost forgot about it.

4 Likes

Oooh, okay. I can see why you forgot about it, though. That upcoming August game is looking neato!

4 Likes