Plymouth Entertainment - SOL [GHOST GUNNER - OUT NOW!]

NEW SOL COMMUNITY MILESTONE CROSSED!

Look at that! The Sol thread has reached, as of today, 3.0k views, exactly 800 likes, and 420 comments, not including this! This thread, along with the game, started on September 14th, and this is just amazing! Thank you everyone for participating so far in the thread! I have no idea what this thread will look like in the next 2 and a half years, but I’m so thankful to have had all of you looking in here time to time! This is amazing to me:)

Though I’ve been busier in the non-creative side of the game of late, I will be posting more art, animation, music and literary news and hints in the upcoming holiday breaks, so keep an eye out for that! And again, thank you, all of you, so much!

7 Likes

nice

sorry, redditor instincts /:

2 Likes

Redditor moment:|

But agreed, very noice

2 Likes

Wow, this is a really big discussion!

2 Likes

You are never too old to set a new goal or to dream a new dream.

C.S. Lewis

5 Likes

Dude that’s awesome!

3 Likes

Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

– Anonymous

4 Likes

HOW MANY INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES ARE YOU GOING TO PUT AAAA PLEASE STOP I DONT NEED MORE INSPIRATION I DONT NEED IT I DONT NEED IT IM GOING TO SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUST AT ANY MOMESFNALWKFASFAHGFWAWFSAOJFWAFN

Editor’s note: The writer imploded from receiving an unhealthy amount of kindness, luckily there was no mess. Please check back tomorrow once said writer has regenerated

2 Likes

WARNING: MINOR MORAL SPOILERS UNDER BLUR

Technically, you ARE the Writer in Sol… So, you’re canon XD

2 Likes

Oh dang ding dongs that is e

2 Likes

Thats similar to my game The Retroscape, where you have to decide weather to kill the 7 people you’ve been hired to take down or expose them.

3 Likes

While I can say that this is similar to what Sol is to be due to it have minor choice making with different outcomes, I’m not 100% sure how Retroscape would be similar to Sol from the spoiler comment I made XD

4 Likes

The Whole game is kinda tailored by how you play, similar to Undertale. You can follow the path of the merciful or the path of the hunter which will lead in different endings and outcomes.

5 Likes

Sounds interesting! I haven’t seen too many large scale decision making games on here, with game changing choices especially. I wish you luck with that, I’m sure it will prove to be a bit of a challenge!

5 Likes

OOPS… SORRY TTS

Hey everyone! I just realized I passed up the last Thoughtful Sol Sunday just now - don’t worry, I’ll be continuing those, still! I just merely forgot about it:) expect another coming this week!

4 Likes

NEW SOL MUSIC RELEASE
NOT FOR FREE USE

This is a smaller release for Sol’s soundtrack - this is a mere idea of what the teaser music will sound like. I’m most likely going to edit this in the future whenever that said teaser goes out;) which does not have a release date, so after the demo. Anyways, here’s what you can hear for now, let me know what you think!

(Earbuds/earphones suggested)
“Sol’s Lullaby” (Plymouth Exclusive; Teaser; Theme; Idle)

PLYMOUTH ENTERTAINMENT

6 Likes

To anyone who was up late tonight who already listened to the song - it has been updated! Thank you for tuning in!!!

2 Likes

MANIACPUMPKIN RESUMES PRODUCTION ON HIGHLY ANTICIPATED THE FACILITY!

Hello everyone! You may be wondering why I’m posting this from @ManiacPumpkin 's thread, but that is because I am to help in the development of his game, The Facility, as the game’s World Designer. I’m tasked with the functions of the world and bringing a sense of immersion for a believable place. Though I don’t work on the game directly, it’s with great excitement to see this game on the move again, as announced by the game’s developer!

You can currently play the available demo listed in the quote below to have a taste of the game that’s in progress, along with a teaser trailer!

There you have it! The developer will be posting updates on the game’s update thread, here. Keep an eye out there!!!

4 Likes

UPCOMING SOL ART PIECE! WILL RELEASE TOMORROW!

I’m working on the next art piece for Sol right now, which will be used as the menu screen of the game. The menu screen in the game will have a lot more moving parts in the game, of course, but it will show what the basic image will look like for the player. I will also be showing what the Sol logo will be along with this. So be sure to keep an eye out tomorrow! This will be one of the bigger art reveals:)

4 Likes

SOL EXCLUSIVE ART RELEASE!!!

The following piece will be showing what the menu screen background will look like. Once the background is implemented, it is planned to have particles (or “spores”) on the screen as well to add some movement to it. Let me know what you think!

"I hear it all. The hungry gears turning.
Their gnarly teeth… They are yearning.
Yearning, yearning, for the fresh meat.
The red, bloody meat, so fresh to eat.

The flesh will be frozen cold, now,
Made to be an example, for all to bow.
We desire the taste of flesh all the time,
But we wish to rule more in this grime.

In the end, you’re conquest shall not matter.
Your will, your soul, we shall shatter.
Our leadership, darkness of the sky.
We care not, but only if you work and not die."

– Excerpt from the history, Wolfhang’s Poetry Speech of Darker Times

menuscreen

This next reveal, is for the logo of Sol as of now. It may change in the future, but this is what I’ve got right now:

SOL LOGO REVEAL!

“… like a plant, you don’t leave your dreams alone when they’re strong. When they’re strong, they’ll keep growing. Become big. Become corruptive. Soon, it’ll take up all of the room where other dreams would have grown. But it’s too late. Perhaps now, the Writer must cut down this dream, since he didn’t take care of it.

– The Narrator

Sol LOGO (1)

Thank you for checking into today’s art reveal! This game probably would not still be in development if it weren’t for all of you guys! Have a great day, everyone!!!

9 Likes