The Facility: Christmas Update!

Dude that looks SICK! AWESOME! I love it, but try to make player faster. Also use this code to help your character:

1 Like

Alright I have a few things to say. I do agree with updating the features before the map, but I feel that the map is almost just as important since I have to layout the different subject’s containment rooms and along with the subjects so It keeps track of who I added and who I haven’t yet, but that does make sense that i should get the features done before something like that.

Also @The_Kodex thank you for a simple design for that. I was having serious trouble, also would it work with the sprint? I’m sure it should.

1 Like

I haven’t played The Facility in a while. This game is really good. The creature capturing the guard through the wall was very unexpected for me. I did notice people complaining how entering the side doors is tough, but like you, I had no issues getting past them.

Also, I just want to say that your intro is so similar to one that I used to use back when I just started Flowlab. Kind of a trip down memory lane for me right there.

2 Likes

there is a solution, starting value
then you wont need indie

Well thank you @MetaNinja yeah I understood how people were getting frustrated with the doors, but like I’ve been saying its mainly because of the point of view of the game. Glad you actually figured out how to use it, lol.

Also It looks like the gas feature is getting updated, I’ll let the poll go on a little while longer and I’ll start working on it by tomorrow. Since it requires no extra objects it’ll be pretty easy to get out of the way. Then you guys could start voting on what to work on next. Also thank you for all of this support, it means a lot to me. :smile:

Yeah player is my sister running- uh a snail

Alright, I know what i could do to make the intro more of an introduction to the game. First you have have the player interact with more objects such as a keycard and using so to open a door. So that way to get familiar with the inventory system and how the items work. At least I’ll work on this after the gas feature of course.

1 Like

Compared to the rest of the screen size, I though the run speed was fine.

I was going to say, I thought the speed already seemed accurate, which i might have to change it back to normal speed cuz now he seems to go way too fast and its only 1 number up.

Update: 12/18/20

Okay dokey, I finished the gas feature since it appeared to have the most votes, which sadly took me five minutes, lol. So now I have started preparations for remaking the demo (which will be temporarily closed until further notice, but its for a good cause. Mainly I just plan on adding a lot more dialogue and an walkthrough tutorial of how the game kinda works to make the demo seem more accurate. Also I’m working on a lighting sprite instead of using all of the lighting blocks. Which this transition may not be as good, but it removes a lot of lag and makes the game run smoother.

1 Like

Hey, I used a lighting sprite too XD

Lighting sprites are actually pretty good, all you do is change the opacity and boom, lighting sprite lol

1 Like

Yeah, but trying to get that perfect circle shape is a little challenging, but after you get the main circle it gets pretty easy from there. Even though mine is really pixelated I think it’ll do.

1 Like
Update: 12/18/20-2

I’ve been really working hard on this today and I added a bunch of new stuff. I worked on the demo a little bit and gave it a little bit more gameplay since the door you need to pass through is locked so you must find a level one keycard, thus introducing the inventory system, but I need some dialogue to explain that a little bit more clear in the game.
I also added a new keycard slider to each of the horizontal doors so it will turn form red to green when passing through a door, giving the game some animation. I am going to reopen the demo now (which that wasn’t much of a long time)

Give me a monent, i’ll have to change the next level behavior real quick.
Edit: Okay its open now. Feel free to leave some feedback regarding the game or the update.

1 Like

Are you trying to make a perfect circle in the Flowlab editor? Well, if you are, you could go to Piskel - it has a circle tool that you could use. Just know how wide and high the image has to be so when you download it and upload it into the game, it’s the right size.

1 Like

Just played through the demo again! It might of been just a while since I last played, by the doors feel 10x better than the last time I played, so thumbs up to that! I really like it so far!

I also noticed the light animations with the technician at the beginning of the demo, very nice touches!

1 Like

Thank you for the support and for the advertisement on your discussion. Also I’ll have to try Piskel sometime. That would make the lighting much more easier to do, thanks again.

1 Like
Update 12/18/20-3

Okay, I should probably wait until the end of the day to finish up an update announcement, but after each update I feel like i’m done for the day, but then end up adding more, lol.
So I was having difficulty with the dialogue system and I previously had it that when you interacted with an NPC a message on the top-right corner of your screen would display what they were saying. Although this wasn’t entirely accurate since if you were really fast you could activate more than one speech and it would overlap causing a mess. So I used a similar name tag design as JR_01 and I made it so when you interact with an NPC the message is locked above their head like a name tag. I have to give thanks to @JR01 for this, even though I had to redo some parts I still used the main idea. And I have to say that I’m quite proud with what the outcome was.
Some things that are still the same is if you interact with a locked door or quest (goal) messages pop up, they are still in the corner. Since no one is actually saying them, just your own thoughts, but I didn’t want to put them above the player since it would seem that they are talking and it would be kinda weird. Anyway I hope you find the new dialogue system to be quite awesome or that’s at least what I think.

1 Like

I know this is like the fourth update today, but I really should wait 20 minutes then it would be tomorrow, lol. Anyway I say that some people were getting prepped for the holidays and I don’t have a Christmas themed game. Then I got the idea of adding some Christmas elements to the game such as making the plants into small Christmas trees and adding presents on top of some of the desks. I even scattered a few presents around to give the entire game some more ambience to it. Although I still technically can’t call this a Christmas game, I think it fits pretty well with the holidays.
Even though this is supposed to be a horror game and the Christmas elements kind of take some of that away, I still think it looks rather good. Plus I’ve seen Christmas horror games before so it shouldn’t take too much spook away, right? Anyway happy Holidays!

1 Like

I’m so excited for this game it already looks great reminds me of classic Dungeon Crawler RPG’s keep up thy great work!

2 Likes