Plymouth Entertainment - SOL [GHOST GUNNER - OUT NOW!]

The Whole game is kinda tailored by how you play, similar to Undertale. You can follow the path of the merciful or the path of the hunter which will lead in different endings and outcomes.

5 Likes

Sounds interesting! I haven’t seen too many large scale decision making games on here, with game changing choices especially. I wish you luck with that, I’m sure it will prove to be a bit of a challenge!

5 Likes

OOPS… SORRY TTS

Hey everyone! I just realized I passed up the last Thoughtful Sol Sunday just now - don’t worry, I’ll be continuing those, still! I just merely forgot about it:) expect another coming this week!

4 Likes

NEW SOL MUSIC RELEASE
NOT FOR FREE USE

This is a smaller release for Sol’s soundtrack - this is a mere idea of what the teaser music will sound like. I’m most likely going to edit this in the future whenever that said teaser goes out;) which does not have a release date, so after the demo. Anyways, here’s what you can hear for now, let me know what you think!

(Earbuds/earphones suggested)
“Sol’s Lullaby” (Plymouth Exclusive; Teaser; Theme; Idle)

PLYMOUTH ENTERTAINMENT

6 Likes

To anyone who was up late tonight who already listened to the song - it has been updated! Thank you for tuning in!!!

2 Likes

MANIACPUMPKIN RESUMES PRODUCTION ON HIGHLY ANTICIPATED THE FACILITY!

Hello everyone! You may be wondering why I’m posting this from @ManiacPumpkin 's thread, but that is because I am to help in the development of his game, The Facility, as the game’s World Designer. I’m tasked with the functions of the world and bringing a sense of immersion for a believable place. Though I don’t work on the game directly, it’s with great excitement to see this game on the move again, as announced by the game’s developer!

You can currently play the available demo listed in the quote below to have a taste of the game that’s in progress, along with a teaser trailer!

There you have it! The developer will be posting updates on the game’s update thread, here. Keep an eye out there!!!

4 Likes

UPCOMING SOL ART PIECE! WILL RELEASE TOMORROW!

I’m working on the next art piece for Sol right now, which will be used as the menu screen of the game. The menu screen in the game will have a lot more moving parts in the game, of course, but it will show what the basic image will look like for the player. I will also be showing what the Sol logo will be along with this. So be sure to keep an eye out tomorrow! This will be one of the bigger art reveals:)

4 Likes

SOL EXCLUSIVE ART RELEASE!!!

The following piece will be showing what the menu screen background will look like. Once the background is implemented, it is planned to have particles (or “spores”) on the screen as well to add some movement to it. Let me know what you think!

"I hear it all. The hungry gears turning.
Their gnarly teeth… They are yearning.
Yearning, yearning, for the fresh meat.
The red, bloody meat, so fresh to eat.

The flesh will be frozen cold, now,
Made to be an example, for all to bow.
We desire the taste of flesh all the time,
But we wish to rule more in this grime.

In the end, you’re conquest shall not matter.
Your will, your soul, we shall shatter.
Our leadership, darkness of the sky.
We care not, but only if you work and not die."

– Excerpt from the history, Wolfhang’s Poetry Speech of Darker Times

menuscreen

This next reveal, is for the logo of Sol as of now. It may change in the future, but this is what I’ve got right now:

SOL LOGO REVEAL!

“… like a plant, you don’t leave your dreams alone when they’re strong. When they’re strong, they’ll keep growing. Become big. Become corruptive. Soon, it’ll take up all of the room where other dreams would have grown. But it’s too late. Perhaps now, the Writer must cut down this dream, since he didn’t take care of it.

– The Narrator

Sol LOGO (1)

Thank you for checking into today’s art reveal! This game probably would not still be in development if it weren’t for all of you guys! Have a great day, everyone!!!

9 Likes

That looks like a good game menu and it will look even better if you imagine the play button the credits button and the logo on it.

1 Like

Holy crap; that logo looks extraordinary! I am sol looking forward to this game!!! (I’m not solry)

Makes me sad that I can’t do these big reveals yet; but just you wait! The day nears ever so close…

1 Like

The anticipation kills me XD

1 Like

The anticipation to see Sol kills me too! But when the day comes; I bet I’m gonna skip dinner just to play it, ngl XD

2 Likes

Might skip sleeping depending on how big it is lol

1 Like

I’ll be sure to release it after dinner then, just so you can have a full stomach of mac and cheese before playing!

2 Likes

lol I’m gonna put that down on a note; “Make sure to eat Mac & Cheese before playing Sol for the first time”

1 Like

Anyways, this goes for everyone!! XD

3 Likes

This is the only game topic that’s still active lol

1 Like

:laughing: XD

1 Like

Thank you, everyone, for checking out and supporting the release! I’m currently at work rn (not very fun during Christmas, ngl), but I’ll continue working on more updates soon! Keep an eye out!

2 Likes

THOUGHTFUL SOL SUNDAY #003

Welcome, to the third weekly TSS! It’s only five days until Christmas… Almost there, everyone! And with a new year coming on as well, I’d like to get some catching up done for how Sol is coming along, and it’s demo set for summer. Progress on the game has been pretty slow, so far. I’ve been very busy of late, especially with the holiday season. However, classes are out for about three weeks for me, so I should make a decent amount of progress in this time. This is the list of objectives I hope to have finished by the end of the holiday season:

1. At least one set of enemy animations
  2. Design the bullets and their FX
  3. Implement the melee and super attack for Sol
  4. Add at least one puzzle type
  5. Add more objects for scenery
  6. Start planning out the tutorial levels and blocks
  7. Have the level transitions and dialogue fully operational for the tutorial
  8. Design Sol’s health system
  9. Edit some of Sol’s animations
  10. Work on cutscene presentation

That’s my list right now, and hopefully I’ll be able to get to all of these - that’s what I’m aiming for, at least. The last two (#9 and 10) are the least likely to get even started on, but the others I have high hopes I can get done, or at least started.

Also, yes, there are going to be puzzles in Sol, but they’re a little different than what I’ve previously done. For instance, A-Box consisted of environmental puzzles. While Sol may also have these as well, these are going to focus more on progression, such as unlocking doors. The puzzles are going to be pretty simple, as the first concept is something like this:

The player will find the door is locked. There will be a UI that pops up when interesting with the door, looking similar to a traffic light. You can click the lights in certain areas to cycle through a set of colors, until you get the right combination. There will be hints throughout the puzzle areas of what the combination will be, but not all of them will be easy to go to. Once the correct combination is put in, the door will click open and the player can progress.

I have a couple other types planned, but that’s the main idea of how the puzzles will be. There will be a couple of special ones, though. Just to mix things up.

Anyways, thank you for tuning in for this TSS today! It was great to have you, and I hope you all have a great holiday!

7 Likes