Plymouth Entertainment - SOL [GHOST GUNNER - OUT NOW!]

Thanks @Haevoc - I can see you’ve had a change of heart lol

I got it @meburningslime :slight_smile:

5 Likes

“Hunger is the whispers of sin in the world of poison fruit.”

Don’t eat the fruit, guys

5 Likes

Dark humor is a lot like food. Some people just don’t get it.

4 Likes

Bruhhhh, that took me a second XD

Lol.
QUICK GO TO THE OFF TOPIC CHANNEL THERE’S A POLL!!!

2 Likes

so is sol a game?

3 Likes

Yup. It’s a game that @rcreger has been working on for a bit now. He plans on releasing a demo for it this summer and releasing the full game around 2023.

3 Likes

You already know my preset reply XD

1 Like

Btw welcome to the forums @slash44!

@rcreger I wanted your opinion on Notes and Waves if u have the time to spare

1 Like

oh this is edwardi on an alt that I use to test behaviors

without risking messing up my games

O lol, ok.

I’ll have to check it out later, thanks for coming to me!

Also please do the poll on off topic channel.

NEW FREE MUSIC!

I’ve been off for a bit, but while I was away, I made this, completely free! It would go great with a fast paced sequence, maybe a boss fight.

“Spectra” (Battle; Fight; Action)

*Must put credit in a visible area of the game

5 Likes

U tryn’a steal my title? Lol

1 Like

This here is a “Year in Review” for Plymouth Entertainment. Contains what we’ve gained this year, and our outlooks and goals for the upcoming years, including 2021.

PLYMOUTH ENTERTAINMENT
Game Development; est. 2018
YEAR IN REVIEW

About Plymouth Entertainment
Plymouth Entertainment is an indie developer, initially developing 2D indie games on free-online game development site, Flowlab.io. Plymouth focuses on the 2D game genre, focusing on art, literature, animations, atmosphere, and riveting gameplay. Games developed and released by Plymouth Entertainment are: A Boy in Armor and locally critically acclaimed A-Box. These two games were very held back due to the lack of resources at the time, but now Plymouth Entertainment has grown in its ability to make quality games by getting the Indie development plan on Flowlab, which made it possible to start development on the upcoming games: Sol and Project Mega Shooter. Today, Plymouth is exploring different avenues to potentially grow it’s brand, making it possible to make more games and improve their quality further and further.

2020 in review for Plymouth Entertainment
2020 had little to no effect on our usual procedural game development process. The one positive we could focus on was the increase of time for us to develop, but a struggle - that has continued even before the COVID pandemic - was our technology. We have made purchases to make things easier for us, as well as new downloaded software to allow us to make more quality assets to help represent the Plymouth brand.

As of 2020, Plymouth Entertainment as a business brand has gained nor lost any revenue due to us not expanding into different platforms just yet. We will discuss our future later in this writing. All purchased items are under “personal use” and won’t pull down revenue numbers in the future.

In 2020, we announced the development of two projects. The first being Sol, a 2D story-driven action game. Sol is set to continue development in 2021, although unannounced major changes are probable to be set. You will find out more information at a later date on the Sol Flowlab Thread. Stay tuned. Our second project was Project Mega Shooter, which has yet to receive a proper name. PMS is to be developed entirely on the Flowlab engine, and is of a much smaller scale compared to Sol in its current state. It is to be an action-packed shooter, and less story focused than the likes of Sol, but no shortage of it. It will still contain Plymouth’s integral art, animation, and atmosphere.

In total, 2020 has been a huge start up for our long term development goals on different platforms, and more is to come - and be revealed - in 2021.

Plans for 2021
Although I won’t say too much, we have big plans for 2021 and further. Sol, and likely our other projects, will be released on several different PC platforms, such as Itch.io and GameJolt. It is also likely we will release the game on Steam as well. Possibility of other platforms are being considered depending if a publisher is acquirable, although it is not currently our main focus.

As for the Sol demo, there is a 50/50 chance that it will be released after the goal date, Summer 2021, although that time frame could allow us to release it in late Summer as well. There are unannounced reasons for this, which will be disclosed later on the aforementioned Sol Flowlab Thread later when we see the time fit. We can say this, though: you will see the Sol demo sometime later this year. We ask that you maintain patience in this time, for this stage for Sol is completely game changing, and is still being investigated further.

We will be looking forward to showing more reveals later this year and in the future, with 2020 being a very good foundation for our future. Stay tuned for more info, and have a happy New Year!

SPECIAL THANKS

@Ramshacklegamestudios
@Crigence
@F3Art
@The_Kodex
@ManiacPumpkin
@browngr
@JR01
@Greggo

(sorry I can’t fit everyone!)

10 Likes

Looking forward to the Sol demo! Here’s to another great year for Plymouth Entertainment :grinning:

3 Likes

@rcreger Really glad to get a shout out on this, I’ve enjoyed watching the development of Plymouth Entertainment and rest assured I’ll keep up to date.

Maybe I should do something like this for Crossed Sword Games Studios…

4 Likes