Plymouth Entertainment - SOL [GHOST GUNNER - OUT NOW!]

You have a proximity behavior in what looks like each light pixel, but if you have only one light source, couldn’t you just have the light source extract its coordinates and make them globals for each lighted pixel to then use? Yes it would take away the 300 pixel range, but pixels outside that are dark anyway…

4 Likes

Maybe I’ll test some different things for lighting systems, but I doubt I could make a much more efficient system

3 Likes

I could, but I am not updating this version lol even without the lighting part, it still lags a lot. I would even go as far as saying that the lighting is far less heavy on the FPS than the pixel replacer.

3 Likes

NEW FREE SONG!

This is a free track you can use in your projects as you see fit, as long as you provide credit (please).

“The Empty Desk to My Left” (FREE Track; Cinematic; Melancholic; Electronic; Mystic)

This was a fun one to make:D Enjoy!

10 Likes
It's Gamouggin' time

Nice song!

3 Likes

all of these songs are legit amazing. cant wait to see how the actual game is gonna use these tracks

6 Likes

NEW FREE SONG!

This is a free track you can use in your projects as you see fit, as long as you provide credit (please).

“Petals” (FREE Track; Ambient; Melancholic; Music Box)

Been playing around with this one for a bit. Enjoy!

6 Likes

8 Likes

10 Likes

Wait… this is the flowlab concept right?

5 Likes

He moved over to unity

5 Likes

yeah thats why im asking if its still the flowlab concept

2 Likes

I believe he discontinued the flowlab version, I think these are screenshots from unity (But I could be wrong)

1 Like

SOL - PRODUCT OF CIRCUMSTANCES - A RETURN

SOL has been in production for a decent amount of time. Testing, reworking, giving up, and rebuilding even better each and every time. With each version you could see the improvements in every field of game development, and I am proud of the journey.

A while ago I announced SOL was moving over to Unity - this is no longer the case. This is why I posted some teaser images of the current development in Flowlab (@Cuts_ups , @CodeAlpaca , sorry for any confusion). The reason for the return is because I’ve been able to redo SOL from the ground up in a very polished way - alongside the help of @glowbug in the art department - that I feel it is time to bring it back in. This also because Unity development has become an issue, especially since I’m going to college soon.

New art, animation, logic systems, lighting systems, and more to come soon. SOL hasn’t looked this good yet. However, as I said before about college, development will likely slow again when I leave and get settled to find time to work on SOL more. This said, however, I’m very confident that this is the version that will move forward further than an unfinished demo. Development has been much faster in comparison to the previous versions (including silent periods) due to acquired experience.

I absolutely cannot wait to show you more in the current build, but it may be some more time before I can show something very solid. This was, and still is, going to be my largest project. Thank you all for the continued support, whether for SOL, the few music tracks I post now and again, or whatever - thank you all. And a special thank you to @glowbug for sticking by this entire time lol I’d be surprised if anyone stuck around this long in the development journey, being around since the second SOL build (I believe that was late 2020 - early 2021 if I am not mistaken?).

Anyways, thank you. Again. This has been a long journey, and I can’t deny that partially SOL’s return is due to the great community which is very helpful and gives great feedback and ideas.

Cheers!

NOTE: If someone could change the topic title to as follows, I’d greatly appreciate it!

Plymouth Entertainment - SOL (A Return)

10 Likes

WOOHOO! I’m still here for the development journey. Die-hard Sol fan (heh, and retired Sol developer, if you remember that).

(Can you DM me on discord a link to your discord server if it’s still active?)

Also, good luck in college!

5 Likes

Great to still have you lol it’s been a long time. And yeah, I think I remember - that’s probably from the last build, I believe. And yes, the server is still active - mainly just me posting updates here and there, though (and you already found the link XD)

And thank you!

6 Likes

I changed the title! Does that mean I helped with development? jk, glad to see you back, seems like this will be a really cool game when finished. I’m new to seeing developments on this topic, but I’ll be checking in regularly :llama:

5 Likes

You probably well get into the special thanks XD I’ll definitely be thanking a LOT of people once this one is done. And I had no idea that you weren’t around when I was updating this on Flowlab, so that’s kinda cool. I’ll hopefully be able to post updates regularly as well:D Will have to see what I can do when at college!

EDIT - Thanks for updating the topic title!

5 Likes

SOL - NEW LIGHTING SYSTEM - FIRST LOOK

Here is a tiny little look at the current lighting system - planning on adding water particles and a LOT more props as seen in previous versions.

This new version also allows smoother and more realistic transitions from lit/darker or darker/lit areas, and is very flexible and practically (or, rather actually) allows me to place where I want there to darker sections.

Also added the cursor back (still needs combative animations and so on) -

Side note - also added some particles to the grass so that there’s more interaction with the player character.

More to come, stay tuned!

10 Likes

im so happy to see this project back in flowlab! hopefully the final project wont be too laggy

4 Likes