Plymouth Entertainment - SOL [GHOST GUNNER - OUT NOW!]

Key of C = piano player

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been using a technique to make more “nostalgic” sounding tracks. It’s a process, but it usually starts with my placing 4 C notes, and choose a white key underneath each of those. Once I get those notes, I go 7 semi-tones below each one (if it sounds alright), and then choose a middle key, usually also a white key. That’s usually how I make the chords, anyways.

This last track was a bit of a branch off what I usually do, using lots of progressions I’ve never tried, and the melody is something I’ve never even thought of doing. All around a fun experience:D

2 Likes

hey @rcreger, i’ve just started using jummbox (expansion of beepbox), do you have any tips?

3 Likes

I’d say to watch some short tutorials on chords and melodies and check out the other creations from the beepbox twitter to get some inspiration. Other than that, it’s a lot of time and practice:D

4 Likes

SOL - SMALL ANIMATION UPDATE

– Created a player attack animation
SOLPlay_AttackAnim
(gets just a lil bit of whiplash lol)

– Added animation into proof of concept (LMB to attack)

– Fixed some bug issues with the animation; a lot of work arounds to add this properly with the amount of animations I have and how wonky the animation behaviors act sometimes. Essentially had to make a custom animation player for the attack.

The next step is adding an attack animation for the player UI, attack and health systems, and a few bug fixes that I need to try and beat up.

Cheers!

PS sorry its been a while for a SOL update!

10 Likes

He be listening to heavy metal

9 Likes

That was my first thought lol.

Besides that, I really like you’re music so I’ll try to incorporate it into my game (giving full credit of course). I think it will fit what I’m doing really well

6 Likes

I love the brass version of “Holding on For You” it just sounds so GOOD

2 Likes

2 Likes

Exactly what I thought too XD I’ve been tempted to put some metal over it and have SOL hit the ground to the beat lol

5 Likes
2 Likes

That was a remix of BradenS 's work here is the original JummBox
and here is my remix for brandon JummBox

2 Likes

you should make your own topic for jummbox remixes

3 Likes

NEW FREE TRACK - "Under the Water (with You)"

I made this one imagining walking through a forest with someone very meaningful to you, in the fall time with all the leaves falling down around you as you stroll through the park as you pass a bench on your path. I also thought of when walking down that path, you find a pond, you and the person you’re with sit by it. You stare at the ripples and imagine the muffled peace under the waves, wanting to take you away.

Anyways:

“Under the Water (with You)” (FREE; Ambient; Slow; Atmospheric)

Cheers!

EDIT: Updated version - “Under the Water (with You)” v2

9 Likes

SOL - SOME BUG FIXES and MISC.

• Fixed sprite flips issues when attacking
  • Fixed sprite flip issue when next to a wall
  • Added a more flexible sprite flip system to determine between sprite flips for running, attacking, and wall jumping (near a wall).
  • Fixed and adjusted attack animation speed and sound FX

That’s all for now:D

8 Likes

NEW FREE SONG - "The Odd Song"

As the title suggests, this one is a bit “odd” sounding, to the say the least. It’s also the longest song I’ve made in a while, almost hitting the 4 minute mark, mostly due to it being kinda slow. Still debating if it should be part of the POND album though, since it breaks away a LOT from the general theme of the album. Anyways:

“The Odd Song” (FREE; Slow; Eerie; Atmospheric)

Cheers!

6 Likes

nice stuff you’ve made here! good to listen to while working on projects.

4 Likes

SOL - MINOR COMBAT UPDATE

1. Made a new player attack cursor
  2. Added animation for the cursor:
    Player.UI_AttackAnim
  3. Attack sound FX glitch fixed
  4. Added an attack cool down to fix some sound and animation issues (.4 second delay)
  5. Added sound FX to the attack cursor.
  6. Updated the attack sound effect to only play when the animation is able to play (when on the ground. The cursor sound FX play whether on ground or in air/wall slide)

I think I’ll be starting work on hitbox and hitbox spawners for combat next - which means enemies may begin being added if I can figure out a decent system for them:D I also need to get to work on some backgrounds at some point because it’s just been a flat orange for a while now lol

I’m also planning on making another update video for SOL on the cregerBot YouTube once I’m back home for Christmas break!

Anyways, cheers! Stay tuned!

NOTE: I think I’m almost done with the latest free music album, POND. Not sure if they’ll be out before Christmas, though. I’m hoping to be able to make animations to play over the music instead of static images, but we’ll see!

10 Likes

SOL - MINOR COMBAT UPDATE 2

1. Added attack hitbox spawner
  2. Added proper mouse tracking to attack hitbox spawner
  3. Spawner can now spawn hitboxes
  4. Adjusted attack hitbox speed and range
  5. Added dev tools to see spawner, attack hitboxes, and ground hitboxes (Pressing “M”)

Trying to figure out how I’m going to do the signiture speed attack from the previous version - I think it’s what I’m going to do next. Going to have to take a look at what I had did before:D

Anyways, a pretty small update, but an update nonetheless! Cheers!

8 Likes

SOL - MINOR SOUNDFX UPDATE

1. Added player death sound effect
  2. Added sound effect into proof of concept project
  3. Broke down sound effect by important beats (2) to allow more access to develop a stronger animation and effect during deaths.

Here is the beepbox link to hear the sound effect:

Cheers!

6 Likes