Plymouth Entertainment - SOL [GHOST GUNNER - OUT NOW!]

That menu looks incredible! I also love the art but I think it’s just a bit too dark. Still, though, the layout and everything looks so good!

2 Likes

Thank you @Greggo! Yeah, I’m thinking that, too. I might make it so you could possibly tone it down in the graphics, when and if I can. Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

@rcreger logged in as my dev account, so could you message my sprite’s images to this account when you are done?

1 Like

NEW COMMUNITY MILESTONE CROSSED!

As of right now, this thread holds 500 comments, over 1.0k likes ( :open_mouth: ), and 3.3k views! That’s absolutely CRAZY, and to think I started this in September, and by the end of December we’ve managed to reach these numbers! Never before I would have thought to reach even close to 1.0k likes, and half the replies of one of my other biggest threads, Bored Reviews (which is still closed).

This would not be possible without you guys, absolutely astounding. Fist bump, y’all :fist_right:t2: :boom: :fist_left:t2:

9 Likes

Congratulations, @rcreger! =D

3 Likes

This is here is some concept are for the melee enemy type whose animation I showed earlier, a stress bot, as you can see. It has two planned attacks/actions in the future:

1. Regular punch
  2. Jump w/ slam

I’ll reveal the other concepts after more artwork and development on them come into view.

5 Likes

That’s a really cool concept! Does the gauge on it affect its attacks?

1 Like

Not that I’ve come up with - but it’d be a cool detail! I think it’d be neat to make it so it could be an indicator when it’s about to attack, and also a cool down for the enemy. I like that idea:D

3 Likes

Oooo that’d be really cool!

2 Likes

NEW, LATE SOL DEVELOPMENT UPDATE!!! - NEW MECHANIC

New update with Sol! There is now a new mechanic where if you kill three enemies/an enemy equivalent to three points, you are able to “revive” your the character! Along with this, I’ve added some much needed particles for the enemies, which currently consists of various sized flying gears. But, that’s not all! I’ve also managed to created a health substance object, other than the revive energy, that you’ll be able to find lying around in levels to help you out (especially for the more difficult ones ;D). Also fixed an annoying screen shake bug that has been on my tail for a few days.

That’s all of the updates I’ve got for now, before having another work-spree this week :grimacing: Thanks for tuning in! More updates to come, for sure!

4 Likes

"Sadness, grows.
Weeds in a garden.
Yank, pull, no success.
Hunger prevails.

Forever, the frost clouds.
Forever, the choking air.
No escape.
No escape.

Roots of despair.
At the bottom.
Home without you.
You without a home.

Ticking. Ticking.
No more time.
What is time?
Tis not mine.

Red book cover.
Soot, black, on ground.
Metal shields.
Cold, their hearts yield.

Success withdrawn.
No more sleep.
No more dreams.
No more peace.

What is time?
Tis not mine.
No escape.
No escape?"

– Excerpt from The Question by Howard Munche

3 Likes

NEW SOL SONG RELEASE
NOT FOR FREE USE

This song is possible for updating. This is a piece I’m thinking about implementing as a boss song, or a cinematic. Take a listen:)

“Problematic” (PLYMOUTH EXCLUSIVE; Theme; Boss; Epic)

PLYMOUTH ENTERTAINMENT

3 Likes

The song sounds great! I’m actually using Beepbox to make my game’s soundtrack too. Also interesting excerpt. Makes me wonder how it relates to Sol.

2 Likes

@Greggo I didn’t even know about Beepbox till recently, EXTREMELY useful for newbies.

Also, the excerpt is made by me, so it relates in various ways XD

3 Likes

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM PLYMOUTH ENTERTAINMENT!

BEFORE YOU READ: look up Max Payne and just listen to a little clip of his voice (if you don’t know it). You must read it in that voice. It’s required.

ALSO, WARNING: censored mild language

'2020… The villainous entity, looming like a gnat annoying tapping the back of your neck. You swat it away, only to bring more troubles with you. Only passing in a new, cooler room will get rid of the sucking beasts. They will persist, but we will persist harder. No gnat shall be able to be powerful enough to stop us together. In strength in numbers, together, we shall create the ultimate bug spray. A poison, strong enough to wipe it’s whole kind away. The flutter of the wings hum to their death, and once silence falls, we’ll know it’s over. No shots fired.

The stench of their bodies fill the room. The clean up will take a while. Get a broom, sure. But we don’t got a dust pan. We forgot to bring on from 2019, left us unprepared. We will prepare, though. If it’s last thing we do. All I can do is hope the stupidity of this kind is not as overwhelming as the smell of sauerkraut. Always hated sauerkraut. Stupid word. Always forget how to spell it. If I could, I’d send a bullet through the man who made that word up. He probably was a d**k anyways.

This world is falling apart, one way or another. The leaders of this world. “In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king”. Heh. Funny. When this year is over, the change won’t stop. But the end of this d*mn year gives us hope. So, let us count.

"They were all dead. The final gunshot was an exclamation mark for everything that had led up to this point. I released my finger from the trigger.

And then it was over."’

– Max Payne (probably)

5 Likes

@/Greggo I didn’t even know about Beepbox till recently, EXTREMELY useful for newbies.
Also, the excerpt is made by me, so it relates in various ways XD
-Rcreger

Me a music producer silently laughing in the corner

2 Likes

Ay, it’s also free, so there’s that too XD

Lmao, I use Sound Trap and FL Studio for my creation but beep box is also used. Also, I’m making a news paper and Sol is at the top of it.

1 Like

I haven’t heard of the other two. Are they free? (I’m cheap in my work lol)

Also, thanks! I’m not sure which news paper, but thank you nonetheless:) and if it’s a larger outlet, it’d be great to have Flowlab get more exposure, too.

SOL DEVELOPMENT UPDATE - CHECKPOINTS AND SAVES

I’ve finally gotten around to making checkpoints. Spent an hour developing it, just to remember @JR01 made a simpler version of them :neutral_face: the checkpoints, called “SolBeams” (Sol means “sun” in Spanish, so technically it’s “sunbeam” - unless you translate from French, were it means “ground” lol) will save the position of the object and then place the player in the position. You can reset saves, currently, by pressing “0”. I plan to make it an option in the main menu instead, to prevent any mistake presses.

2 Likes