Poker (Indev) GAMBLING MONEY

This is a poker game, I have been creating for a little bit. It is still in progress but soon it will be able to gamble money.

2 Likes

ain’t no way you just copied all the behaviors from my poker game

2 Likes

No, I was trying to figure what you did and then make but on my own.

1 Like

And a lot of the code is mine only the box was yours.

I looked in the code. I knew immediately that you were trying to figure out how it works. :+1:

2 Likes

Yeah you did just copy the whole thing

1 Like

Trying to figure it out but yeah and can you tell me how to do that little spawn in thing where the card comes out of the deck.

I think they were trying to dissect it, and trying to figure out the system of the cards, not to use the code. :slight_smile:

" I have been creating for a little bit"

if I hadn’t said anything they would’ve just left it

2 Likes

You can use eases. You need to ease from the deck, to the start position. AgentY used interpolation too.

1 Like

Ohhhh thank you so much.

1 Like

there’s never a point in just copying entire objects, you’ll never understand how it works that way

2 Likes

That is true.
But, when you do that, you get to learn new things looking through the code as well. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Still no reason to copy it to your own game

2 Likes

True, I wouldn’t want my code to be taken too.
I used to copy code though when I was younger and like Good Games said I learned some cool stuff from the code I copied from. Now I can just do the stuff I learned from the code I copied by myself. Although I think Ghost still should’ve asked you or at least credited you because like I said, I wouldn’t want my code to be taken and not be credited at all.

1 Like

Yeah Good Games asked when they wanted to make a multiplayer version

This guy just copied it straight up and tried to pass it as their own

2 Likes

Yes. Credit and permission should be given.
I am personally honored when somebody takes my code, lol. At least that means I did something right.

Yeah. :slight_smile: and I will give you full credit for the system as well, like you deserve. :+1: I want to make as most of it as I can, but yours works just plain outstanding! It will still be a while before I actually work on it a ton, I have a couple other projects that are on right now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the best way to resolve this problem is either @Ghost_maker_0 deletes the work he copied from Agent Y OR he credits Agent Y and learns from this and makes sure to ASK first before copying.

1 Like

He did delete it. :slight_smile:
I sometimes dissect code like he did too, and try to absorb as much as the knowledge as well. I could spend a week in the gods of five save slot system, and I have too. :slight_smile:
But yes, they should ask before as well.

1 Like

Please stay on topic thank you.

2 Likes